Red Line- Customers 45LV Resto Mod Build " Pope's rig" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And with the tig welder, some smoothing after, she fits like a glove!

DSC01992.JPG

DSC02001.JPG

DSC02004.JPG

DSC02005.JPG

steering conversion
Shaft has been modified 1st pic.
2nd pic has a beat up early tuna can PS pump for mock up in position down low.
3rd pic has our low bracket in place for the PS pump to eventually live.
4th pic has our custom pulley in line verified straight in place.
This kit will have all the part and pieces to do the pump low like this or high on the block. Also will have the box portions sold separately, and the shaft/ frame mount sold separately
Pump info is pre 72 pump, we are using a 60 era pump for this build to keep the 60's era look as much as we can

More to come on this. This kit should be useful for many folks

DSC01960.JPG

DSC02375.JPG

DSC02376.JPG

DSC02377.JPG

And the mount for the frame to column. Will come with proper flange head metric hardware for strength. Allows the use of your OEM "3 on the tree" column and shifting parts!

Red Line 3 on the tree power steering mount1.jpg

Red Line 3 on the tree power steering mount2.jpg

Red Line 3 on the tree power steering mount3.jpg

Power steering shaft conversion for the "3 on the tree" Since this was our second version our kit for this column set up has been slightly changed since, but it will look the same.

Justin

DSC01951.JPG

DSC01963.JPG

DSC01964.JPG

DSC01966.JPG

Fuel Lines
Fuel Line building time. We are using a 74 ish carb( mock up carb in pics) Final carb will be (Built by Jim C) with fuel return to keep the fuel smell down as much as possible. We CNC reproduce the main fuel line already , PN RLCFL-CN
so we have to make the return line.
Mocking up to final!

DSC02223.JPG

DSC02224.JPG

DSC02227.JPG

DSC02228.JPG

DSC02229.JPG

Ending the fuel line build day, decisions had to be made! Remove and swap out the GM heater blower motor for the a denso!

DSC02236.JPG

DSC02235.JPG

DSC02250.JPG

DSC02253.JPG

Made some tabs for the late model 40 fuel vapor separator unit to be placed in the rear driver cargo area by the fuel inlet. I'm not going for emissions, however we are trying to keep the smells low!

DSC02255.JPG

DSC02263.JPG

DSC02262.JPG

DSC02261.JPG

Brake line building time. Sometimes its easier to mock up with tig wire, lay it out and copy the routing of the bends for the 3/16 "copper nickel alloy" hard line

DSC02326.JPG

DSC02327.JPG

DSC02329.JPG

DSC02330.JPG

DSC02332.JPG

A lot of enginuity has gone into your build. :) Thanks for sharing the work process as you tackled them.. Looks sweet.

Last edited:
Approaching 2 months without an update.....jonesing here!

incredible amount of work..wow!
Pope's rig gave a whole different connotation in my head, but this is great.

Is that a proportioning valve for the front brakes, the little black casting?
It is the oem bias/residual valve for the rear drum brakes!

Sorry for the hiatus, We have been slammed here at the shop. Products we've been wanting to release, we've been getting those going, it's been crazy! So
Brake lines....Ran all the lines to the rear axle, body side, so the rear axle needed some mods. First we snagged up a late late 70's ish rear axle, changed the rear pinion angle 1 degree for the 2.5 in lift, welding in new sway bar tabs and started to mock up the brake lines and drums..

DSC02357.JPG

DSC02355.JPG

DSC08210.JPG

DSC02359.JPG

Power steering
Ok, so we have our sweet Column to box mounted up. I knew the pump would need to mounted low, really low. So we mocked up a trashed old sag pump with a custom pulley that I want to use, so we came up with this location and a simple mount. The mount is 1/4" plate, plasma cut and bent. For now it does what I want, however I will be making a new one for a cleaner look

DSC02371.JPG

DSC02372.JPG

DSC02376.JPG

Fuel tank mods
Ok, so I have the evap system in place in the rear, so the fuel tank needs cleaned and sent off to a guy that can actually clean the internals ( 2" solid varnish) inside, plus he can also mod the tank for vapor lines. I will be using these mods to allow a Charcoal canister system to get rid of 90 % of the fuel smell for our clients garage!

DSC02454.JPG

DSC02454.JPG

DSC02453.JPG

DSC02455.JPG

DSC02456.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom