Recommendation for Sliders Comparable to Metal Tech 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
superoil.com
I decided to put a set of Metal.Tech 4x4 sliders on my 2002 LX470.

I put them in my shopping cart last night then started researching Baja racks and maybe ordering of theirs with the sliders.

When I went to complete the order on the sliders this morning, they had raised the price from $895 to $1150!

Since they did that, I'm not going to order sliders, a rack, or anything else, from them. So, now I need recommendations for comparable sliders; hopefully for less than $1150. 😉

Your thoughts?

I didn’t know WKOR is just about a 3hr drive from me. I’d probably go with them too. I like their straight away type of rock slider that serves as a functional side step.

FWIW MT did notify of price increase via email and I think Ive seen a banner ad notifying the date of their price increase. Call and ask for John and see if he will honor the pre increase price if you liked the product.

But there's a lot of other options:

Slee has a really nice step slider

There's also a new step slider product offer thats in development that might interest you (not sure of the release date):

BIOR has sliders and a step slider as well Custom Step Sliders For 100 Series Toyota Land Cruiser - https://www.bumpitoffroad.com/100%20step%20sliders.htm

I think most everyone is going to have long leads for them, MT sells from shelf stock as does Trail Tailor and some others so just confirm that.

4x4labs makes sliders too.

Almost every vendor I know of has an annual price increase, ARB even advertises theirs too. It wasn't some "gotcha" bait and switch, it was just you waited a day and the wrong day. That said, MT is still worth the price.

1619614442026.png

Good luck finding something made of steel that hasn’t went up recently. What planet are you on?
Thanks for your completely invaluable snotty reply. If I wanted to be equally snotty, I'd address your grammatical issues, but I don't, so I won't.

I understand things increase in price, but an increase of 28% while the item was in my cart overnight was a bit surprising.

Almost every vendor I know of has an annual price increase, ARB even advertises theirs too. It wasn't some "gotcha" bait and switch, it was just you waited a day and the wrong day. That said, MT is still worth the price.

View attachment 2659049

Some of us stay off facebook, haha. Maybe I missed it (I trust @abuck99, so I probably did) on their website, but I didnt see a banner ad, I just saw the one about shipping delays because of COVID. I've had the website open for their rear upper link package for the past week or so, just been too lazy to pull the trigger. Definitely would have if I knew they were going to increase the price.

BTW - I am not upset at all, material prices are through the roof and I dont blame Metal Tech one bit. Just unfortunate I didnt know (same for the OP, apparently).

Last edited:
Thanks for your completely invaluable snotty reply. If I wanted to be equally snotty, I'd address your grammatical issues, but I don't, so I won't.

I understand things increase in price, but an increase of 28% while the item was in my cart overnight was a bit surprising.
Well, you asked:

Your thoughts?

Metaltech stuff is nice as long as you're not in a hurry to get it. And as long as you don't mind calling and emailing and never getting a response. Other than that it's great stuff.

Have you checked Slee? I don't much care for the man himself but his products are very nice and their packaging is like nothing I've ever seen. You get what you pay for in that case.

@Gryphon, don't take things so personally. It's the internet.

Metaltech stuff is nice as long as you're not in a hurry to get it. And as long as you don't mind calling and emailing and never getting a response. Other than that it's great stuff.

Have you checked Slee? I don't much care for the man himself but his products are very nice and their packaging is like nothing I've ever seen. You get what you pay for in that case.

@Gryphon, don't take things so personally. It's the internet.
Thanks for the input.

I haven't looked at the Slee sliders yet. I like the looks of their rear bumper, but haven't looked at the sliders. I will. Thanks for the recommendation.

As for the internet, yeah, I know. I'm just giving back the crap I get. 😉

Not at all offended. Just don't like trolls with nothing of substance to add to the conversation. 😁

Thanks for the input.

I haven't looked at the Slee sliders yet. I like the looks of their rear bumper, but haven't looked at the sliders. I will. Thanks for the recommendation.

I've never installed sliders before but the fit on the Slees was pretty much spot on. Very easy install.

I've never installed sliders before but the fit on the Slees was pretty much spot on. Very easy install.
I like them, but unfortunately they're out of stock on the ones that fit the LX470 with the AHC system still installed.

It's looking like I'll wind up going with WKOR. They're about the same price as Metal Tech after the price increase and seem to be better built.

If you like the metal tech product i wouldn't let something like a price increase deter you from purchasing from them. Yeah, bad timing, and i would feel sour too, but working in an industry that is seeing inflation on raw materials at an eye-watering pace, they're just doing what they need to do to stay in business. Also, raising prices can cut down lead times by softening demand, increasing overall customer satisfaction. Just something to think about before dismissing a company when they didn't do anything "wrong". I have a set and they're very beefy. From what I researched, you can't really go wrong between MT 4x4 and WKOR.

I like them, but unfortunately they're out of stock on the ones that fit the LX470 with the AHC system still installed.

It's looking like I'll wind up going with WKOR. They're about the same price as Metal Tech after the price increase and seem to be better built.
WKOR has a mud discount, here's the thread.

I thankfully just got my MT slider's last week. I heard they were going up so I pulled the trigger. I personally had a very good customer service experience with them. I had ordered the Icon shocks with the OME springs/bars and found out they were on infinite backorder. MT refunded my money no questions asked. I love the sliders so far too, no rear world off road testing yet but are plenty beefy and the "steps" are just right for the wife and kiddos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom