Slippery sliders, batman! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed WK sliders and then it rained and I almost slipped. Anyone have a recommendation for anti slip strips? I found these for $10 unless there’s a better one for wet outdoor use:

3M Safety-Walk Indoor/Outdoor Tread, Black, 2-in by 9-in, 6 Strips, 7639NA https://a.co/d/9BjNERg

Yes, did the same.

Note, if u use the cabin a-pillar to assist w egress/ingress (like with a lifted rig), the naturally occurring body twisting will cause the friction tape to wear much faster. Mine lasted about 2 yrs.
Im ok with that since the seat is already loose and I’m trying not to put too much lateral force on it.

Think carefully about where you place the “grip tape”. My first attempt covered the top half of the tube, and it would catch calves getting out. Not so bad in jeans, shorts were painful, and very hard on dress slacks.

i dont (yet) know if this was a good idea or not, but i threw a handful of sand into the paint when I painted my sliders. so far (1 year) its held up pretty well

Think carefully about where you place the “grip tape”. My first attempt covered the top half of the tube, and it would catch calves getting out. Not so bad in jeans, shorts were painful, and very hard on dress slacks.
Forgot about this. Great advice.

There is a member that was seriously injured way back in the day. Slipped off the slider and hit their head. I suggest bed liner on the top, or skateboard deck tape on every door!

There is a member that was seriously injured way back in the day. Slipped off the slider and hit their head. I suggest bed liner on the top, or skateboard deck tape on every door!
paflytyer ?

paflytyer ?

Yep. I could not remember if Stan had posted publicly, or not.

You know it :)
👍🏻
I’ve been driving the 80 series since ‘94, the 100 series since 1998, and I remember running down the rabbit hole with your (old) threads, after purchasing a used 2000 LC for my son (~2014) with a poorly implemented aftermarket suspension. 10 years, and 4 100 series later, I have come to understand the 100 series suspension much better.

Thanks for the earlier documentation of your 100 series suspension experiments!

Wing walk is an aviation product that works well. I bet it’s just expensive sand in a paint can 😆

Well, on my final coat with a rattle can my saw horses gave up dumping mine onto our crushed granite driveway. Viola! Anti slip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom