Recommendation for Sliders Comparable to Metal Tech 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have metaltech for my lx470 and 4runner. nothing but love to the company. they treat their employees well and you get what you pay. not trying to shame other folks but i've compared them all and metaltech always comes out best.

I have no issues with my WKOR's - I have plenty of buddies with Metaltechs too - I think its all the same, just buy what you like the look of.

If you like the metal tech product i wouldn't let something like a price increase deter you from purchasing from them. Yeah, bad timing, and i would feel sour too, but working in an industry that is seeing inflation on raw materials at an eye-watering pace, they're just doing what they need to do to stay in business. Also, raising prices can cut down lead times by softening demand, increasing overall customer satisfaction. Just something to think about before dismissing a company when they didn't do anything "wrong". I have a set and they're very beefy. From what I researched, you can't really go wrong between MT 4x4 and WKOR.
Well put. You said the same thing I did, but with a lot more words.

I recently installed some of the straight out WKOR sliders and I love them. Here are some shots of how it looks since I had some trouble finding pictures of the straight out style instead of the angled up style when I was making my decision.

File_016(5).jpeg

IMG_4125.jpg

If you like the metal tech product i wouldn't let something like a price increase deter you from purchasing from them. Yeah, bad timing, and i would feel sour too, but working in an industry that is seeing inflation on raw materials at an eye-watering pace, they're just doing what they need to do to stay in business. Also, raising prices can cut down lead times by softening demand, increasing overall customer satisfaction. Just something to think about before dismissing a company when they didn't do anything "wrong". I have a set and they're very beefy. From what I researched, you can't really go wrong between MT 4x4 and WKOR.
It's looking like the WKOR sliders will be the ones I'll wind up getting.

I understand the increases in raw materials is forcing companies using steel to raise their prices. It's just annoying to be planning to buy a product and when you go to research perhaps spending even more money with the company on an additional product, you come back to find that the original product as increased in price 28% overnight
WKOR has a mud discount, here's the thread.

Thanks!

Metaltech stuff is nice as long as you're not in a hurry to get it. And as long as you don't mind calling and emailing and never getting a response. Other than that it's great stuff.

Have you checked Slee? I don't much care for the man himself but his products are very nice and their packaging is like nothing I've ever seen. You get what you pay for in that case.

@Gryphon, don't take things so personally. It's the internet.
I’ve heard Metal Tech is good stuff and @mattafact did warn me about them taking forever. I’ve had some control arms on order for going on 3 weeks now and can’t get any response from them. No movement on my order and no answer from calling or emails. At this point, I’m going to cancel my order and NOT recommend them going forward. Matt is also right about the Slee stuff.

Look into @TRAIL TAILOR sliders too. Also @benc Dissent Offroad made some 100 series sliders for a few people on the forums. Just some options.

I see the lc100 sliders listed on the dissent website. Anyone got photos of these?

I got my Metal Tech (raw steel OPOR) sliders in 05/2019 for $770 shipped.
EDIT: They were having a 20% off sale at the time.
I had no communication issues and went with the "angled up" model and like the way it tucks up close to the truck.
If you want more of a step, then a flat (not angled) would be something to consider.
They are beefy, super easy to install (even with AHC) and look great. It was one of my first mods.
Inflation and life has taken a toll on many, hoping for the best for everyone. Cheers!

Last edited:
I got my Metal Tech (raw steel OPOR) sliders in 05/2019 for $770 shipped. I had no communication issues and went with the "angled up" model and like the way it tucks up close to the truck. If you want more of a step, then a flat (not angled) would be something to consider. They are beefy, super easy to install (even with AHC) and look great. It was one of my first mods. Inflation and life has taken a toll on many, hoping for the best for everyone. Cheers!
Well, they're $1150 PLUS $222 shipping now.

FWIW, Metal Tech usually runs some pretty good sales on their raw sliders a few times a year. Usually about 20% off. They also offer 10% off for Fire, Police, Teachers, and Medical folks. They're also huge TLCA supporters and are very generous with raffles for a lot of the big TLCA events throughout the year. Their communication does suck, but it's a small crew over there and they're always cranking out product whenever I've been there. Give John a call and see what he'll do for you, or find something locally and save some shipping. MT is just up the road from me, so I always default to their stuff, as no shipping is like they're on sale everyday.

I deal in steel fabrication all the time.

We are currently seeing steel prices jumping DAILY. The quotes we receive from steel manufacturers have expiration times of 4 HOURS, not days. Raw steel prices have more than doubled in the last 6 months.

If you want something made of steel, buy it now, literally every day counts.

We are trying to buy coils of steel now, to hedge on our production and offset costs.

The only way smaller shops like MT or WKOR can survive is to buy huge lots of material to be prepared ahead of time, but they may not be able to front that amount of cash. If not, then their sell prices may increase daily.

I'm still trying to decide on sliders. I thought I had it narrowed down to WKOR or Metal Tech.

But I just came across Rocky Road Outfitters.

They seem to talk a good game about their sliders (hitch steel, angled ends, mounting system, lifetime warranty, etc.). But I don't know whether they are legit or not.

Does anyone have any experience with the company and/or their SuperSliders?

Do a search and you’ll find out 😆 I’ll just say that the consensus around here ain’t very positive.

Do a search and you’ll find out 😆 I’ll just say that the consensus around here ain’t very positive.
I did that before I posted here. It seems that everything was a few years old.

So, I was hoping to hear from someone with more recent experience with them.

$1150 is also powder coated... vs raw

People are happy with Bump It Off Road (BIOR) and they are priced less than most.

MetalTech 4x4 worked with me on the price a little, so I ordered their sliders. Of course the shipping is rediculous, but at least they're ordered and supposed to ship around the 21st.

I look forward to getting them in and on the LX.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Last edited:
MetalTech 4x4 worked with me on the price a little, so I order their sliders. Of course the shipping is rediculous, but at least they're ordered and supposed to ship around the 21st.

I look forward to getting them in and on the LX.

Thanks for everyone's input!
You'll like them. Glad they worked with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom