Rear window issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got my rear window working and went to roll it down and it seems stuck in the fully rolled up position. I can hear the motor engage when switched from the dash or tailgate but no window movement. I originally fixed this problem when I found the inside tailgate panel was bent in and binding against the bottom window rail. Pulled it out again this morning and no change. Motor gears are not grinding at all; it just won’t move. Would appreciate any ideas on what to try. Thanks

If you still have the plastic gear that would be the first place to look.
I have the brass gear. The motor is not turning, grinding or making any sound other than when the switch is flipped I can hear the motor engage but not turn like the window or regulator apparatus are stuck or bound up. Very puzzling

Some things to check...Check the side rails, are they loose or did the felt track get bunched up in the rail. Did the two arm gears? get out of sync or bound up somehow. Check your grounds, just for fun.

Figured out my rear window issue this morning. I loosened up the 4 bolts that hold the regulator to the tailgate and was able to operate the window perfectly. I then gently tightened each one up testing the window between each tightening to verify it would still work. I must have installed it slightly off kilter. Letting the window operate with the regulator freed up must have set in a better position. Thanks for everyone’s input.

Full speed ahead, Gubnah!
Well I thought I had the rear window fixed but went to roll it down Saturday and no go. Carefully inspected the window tracks and regulator and eventually pulled the regulator. Window slides perfectly without the regulator so figured binding not the problem. Took the regulator motor apart and think I found the culprit. The copper arbor which rotated against the spring loaded contacts was oxidized almost black. Cleaned it up back to bright copper with fine sand paper and reinstalled. Working great so far. Hope the improved contact will allow the motor to operate at full power now. We’ll see.

Just pulled my pig out of 6 months of storage. It cranked right up. First thing I tried was the rear window. So nice to see it go up and down; truly one of life’s little pleasures if you ever had to repair one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom