Real world experience with FJ40 4Plus tire (only) carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone mounted a HiLift to the tire carrier only version?

Really like the 4Plus carrier (although mine’s a double sided) and agree with what others have said…stout, quiet, and well built!

View attachment 3225469
Do you have caps on the right side? Can you share what they are from where?

I have a basket on mine that I've thought a long time about removing, but didn't want to leave that end with just an empty hole.

Just got the 4Plus rear U-Bolt flip kit.

Fast shipping and Copper State Cruiser discount!
You probably shouldn't mention a discount that most of us can't get! 😵‍💫😱😫

Curiosity of someone contemplating 4Plus ... Why do more people not use this one from 4x4 labs? It seems more elegant in terms of the angling of the arms. The Landcruiser Shop has a great build with this that caught my eye. 40 Series Rear Bumper - https://4x4labs.myshopify.com/products/copy-of-70-series-rear-bumper-2

Maybe because they want $900 more for a double swing out, $375 for a tire hanger, plus $150 additional for residential deliveries might have something to do with it.

Just got the 4Plus rear U-Bolt flip kit.

Fast shipping and Copper State Cruiser discount!

Really heavy duty stuff.

Rocky
VERY well made. I did mine and was impressed with how they relive the metal in the slots and it almost locks the U bolts in place and makes a very smooth transition on the bottom of the plate.

Curiosity of someone contemplating 4Plus ... Why do more people not use this one from 4x4 labs? It seems more elegant in terms of the angling of the arms. The Landcruiser Shop has a great build with this that caught my eye. 40 Series Rear Bumper - https://4x4labs.myshopify.com/products/copy-of-70-series-rear-bumper-2
Because it’s infinitely more expensive once you add the tire carrier and basket/can carrier to the order.
Maybe because they want $900 more for a double swing out, $375 for a tire hanger, plus $150 additional for residential deliveries might have something to do with it.
Exactly!!!

IMG_9193.png

I have not purchased one from 4 plus yet but plan to as my build gets to that point. I did have a conversation with the owner, and he is a super cool guy. He said he could deliver to me like 40 miles away as his family is near. He was super interested in my FJ40 ask me questions and giving me advice. Super guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom