Random chit chat thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My buddy has a stick and finds it underwhelming as well. Apparently there is an aftermarket software reflash that gets you close to 50 more ponies.

I saw this week on the local news Ephrata is getting a Diamond interchange. I've only seen one in person. But it's cool how these work.

I saw this week on the local news Ephrata is getting a Diamond interchange. I've only seen one in person. But it's cool how these work.

They put one of those in Haymarket. It did free up some congestion. It was kinda freaky the first couple of times I used it.
BD61F728-5CD0-444C-BEA0-B21E2FFA9FC3.png

First time you see the diagram you're totally like wutdafuq? Being in one and you barely give it a second thought - it just makes sense by nearly eliminating left turns and the options to go the wrong way.

Laying out this exact setup at Exit 4 on 83. Second of its kind in the state, the other is in Washington PA. It’s a real treat to layout, nothing is simple curves but ellipses and spirals. Easy enough to draw on paper but a mother to actually stake on the ground. Especially in phases...

Laying out this exact setup at Exit 4 on 83. Second of its kind in the state, the other is in Washington PA. It’s a real treat to layout, nothing is simple curves but ellipses and spirals. Easy enough to draw on paper but a mother to actually stake on the ground. Especially in phases...

This is what they are building at Exit 4?!! I guess it will be kinda the opposite as the traffic will flow under 83?

/runs to see if I can find public plans on this.

**EDIT**
Found the plans. This is gonna be cool. 3 years to build... wow

As a Yorkian, #notcool #epicfail

This has been and will continue to be the perfect example of why government should not be in charge of ANYTHING

Google it... what a cluster!!!

This is what they are building at Exit 4?!! I guess it will be kinda the opposite as the traffic will flow under 83?

/runs to see if I can find public plans on this.

**EDIT**
Found the plans. This is gonna be cool. 3 years to build... wow

This has been and will continue to be the perfect example of why government should not be in charge of ANYTHING

Not seeing anything negative about diamond intersections...

Diamond intersections are cool... the state’s execution of such a large and expensive project has been a complete cluster... we’ve lived with this construction project mess in York for years now, dealt with daily accidents, road closures, traffic back ups, public hearings on the eminent domain, etc. There is not really end in sight, either...

Not seeing anything negative about diamond intersections...

Diamond intersections are cool... the state’s execution of such a large and expensive project has been a complete cluster... we’ve lived with this construction project mess in York for years now, dealt with daily accidents, road closures, traffic back ups, public hearings on the eminent domain, etc. There is not really end in sight, either...
As long as the population continues to grow it will continue to be a problem. I'm the minority that favors the nuclear option of doing the project right and once and large enough to not need redone 10 years from now. They train wrecked rt30 here when they re did it in the late 90's and early 2000's.

I know the Mt. Rose exit has been a total mess and the Gov and the contractor are in arbitration over 24 million, but everything I've seen about Exit 4 is that it's on schedule. The accident with the semi last week at exit 4 that caused the closure was nasty, but supposedly the trailer cracked in half on it's own due to damage from a prior accident.

Different contractor with the Mt. Rose exit as well.

I'm new to the area, a little over 2 years now, (from Los Angeles), so I guess I'm used to it.

Hey group,

Just saw pictures of the aftermath of the I80 accident from yesterday, and saw a GX with an aftermarket roof rack on it was involved. Hope everyone is safe, that pile up looked brutal.

I saw that on one of the Cruiser Facebook pages, and the guy and his kid are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom