Random chit chat thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kinda thinking the same way... will probably pass this off to my son when he heads off to college. I'm getting pickier every year and don't want to spend any money so always looking for a unicorn. If I'm being practical, need something that is reliable and gets great gas mileage that will essentially be driven into the ground. The "but" is that I've been on the road for so many years that I like to enjoy whatever it is that I'm driving and be comfortable. Have a friend that has a Civic Touring and had to do a double take as it is a pretty sharp looking machine.
Tourings are very nice, indeed. If I wasn't going for CHEAP efficient and reliable, I would have gone that route.

At lunch and saw my future fleet before my eyes. The Crawler, The Overlander, and The Hauler

Pipe dream but definitely wouldn't mind see this in my driveway in these colors and packages

I came close back in 2015.
A9084B65-C2EC-4D1C-B42E-72A1982170B2.jpeg

Awesome! Great color too! Hope it works out well!
It has high mileage for the year but the service records check out and the price was right. Has some blemishes here and there but all-in-all what I was looking for in a commuter.

Soooo my 14ft box truck caught fire today and burned up. :censor:

If anyone knows someone selling a used chassis please let me know. I will be exploring options of what to do with it.

output(1)[1].jpg
output(2)[1].jpg

Gas ... everyone is fine. Driver had just parked to make a delivery and saw smoke from under the hood.

The driver, my brother-in-law said that he felt the brakes fade out badly just before he parked it. I'm guessing a brake line failed and sprayed fluid onto the header and started the fire? Doesn't really matter to me what happened at this point as the truck is a total loss and I'm just trying to find the least expensive way of removing it from the shopping center.

Sad part is that is had an awesome solid one piece 5ft 2000lb lift capcity Tommy Gate on it.

Depending on where it is, Acme Trailer Works in New Cumberland can pull the Tommy Gate and install it on another vehicle for you. They've been refurbishing a number of Penske trucks lately - both vans and straight trucks - and might have a line on a replacement for you. Ask for John Lenz (there are three Johns there) and tell him Tom recommended you talk to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom