Radiator support (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the process of installing a new radiator and all the bolts are rusted/snapping. I’ve seen the metric overland kit that has all the bolts but is out of stock. Does anyone know of another source for the bolts besides the dealer?

In the process of installing a new radiator and all the bolts are rusted/snapping. I’ve seen the metric overland kit that has all the bolts but is out of stock. Does anyone know of another source for the bolts besides the dealer?

Any good small local hardware store: Aubuchon and Ace carry JIS bolts around here. You can get almost anything from McMaster-Carr.

Thanks for quick replies. I would like to use oem style bolts. I have access to metric hardware I could use in the mean time until the oem style is back in stock. I’m kind of a purest I wouldn’t want thing to look out of place. I guess I’m answering my own question

What do you mean by "OEM style"? Go to the dealer and get the exact stuff if that's your jam. JIS is the Japanese spec. I buy JIS flange bolts in bulk to have in my home shop and use it on both of my land cruisers when I need a fastener quickly. But you can get the same or equivalent to what they used at the factory from most any dealer. If they don't have it, they can order it. Be prepared to pay a premium.

Ditto: IMHO/IME it's just not worth the time and effort to try to find some aftermarket hardware that may or may not fit or be similar to the Toyota parts, just pay the man and get the correct bolts and hardware from your local dealer.

Same for the rubber cushions/isolators, they get hard as a rock after 25+ years.

The (4) mounting brackets also can rust as water/salt/dirt gets trapped on top, no drain holes in those parts. At least hit them with a rust stop/killer, prime/paint IMHO. If you have time, take them all off, remove the rust, kill the rust in the pits, then prime/paint on the bench. But then expect more broken bolts.

Ditto for while the radiator is out is a good time to remove/repair any rust in exposed body panels up front or the frame/cross-members, prime and paint.

Even though I don't live in the rust belt I still apply penetrating oil before attempting to remove original fasteners that have been in place for 25+ years.

FWIW

Last edited:
Thanks for quick replies. I would like to use oem style bolts. I have access to metric hardware I could use in the mean time until the oem style is back in stock. I’m kind of a purest I wouldn’t want thing to look out of place. I guess I’m answering my own question
Order it online from mcgeorge, Olathe or partsouq.

Thanks I do plan on doing some cleaning up while I have it apart. I’ll show off the finished product when finished.

U Pull Um? When I’m roaming junk yards I’ll often grab nuts and bolts off of various Toyotas just to have around.

U Pull Um? When I’m roaming junk yards I’ll often grab nuts and bolts off of various Toyotas just to have around.
Wish we still had pick-a-parts. Ahh, the good old days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom