Radiator Support / Isolator P/Ns? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have these handy? Looking all hardware used to support the radiator: the 'ears' on the sides, the bolts with the big rubber washers, the flip-top isolators, whatever else there might be... TIA!

Easy to find the parts with a little searching, go to Toyota Parts Deal and put in your model and year, or Partsouq and type in your VIN as above.

Anyone have these handy? Looking all hardware used to support the radiator: the 'ears' on the sides, the bolts with the big rubber washers, the flip-top isolators, whatever else there might be... TIA!
IMG_5691.jpeg

Looks like -61030 was superseded to 16548-68070

Come on get some skin in the game
Pretty easy to find this stuff if you just try !! :shifty:

Come on get some skin in the game
Pretty easy to find this stuff if you just try !! :shifty:
Skin in the game? I'm burning out on hundreds of parts look-ups and price comparisons and wondering which site is right when three different sites give you three different P/Ns for the same part (McGeorge tends to be correct), and some parts just don't seem to be listed, while others are said to be unavailable but actually are, and some Toyota P/Ns (belts for example) have too many numbers for the 'search-by-P/N' boxes and so do not appear at all, and the big sites rarely say a part is permanently unavailable because immediate click-backs on hundreds of parts pages x thousands of visitors hurts their SEO. Plus, even when you have the above illustration in front of you, 16584-61020 and -61030 appear identical in the illustrations (though it's hard to tell because of course Toyota doesn't actually include the P/Ns on its illustrations, because that would be too easy), but one is triple the price of the other. Why? Maybe Toyota knows, or someone here who's been through this before. I sure as h*ll don't, and I think I've contributed enough to ask a few questions. If I had the cheddar, I'd just hire @OGBeno and be done with it. But here I am, wondering if I'm ordering the right parts and whether I'll be bankrupt (or old) before they're all here...

End of rant. :bang:

Can I get an "Amen?"

Last edited:
Skin in the game? I'm burning out on hundreds of parts look-ups and price comparisons and wondering which site is right when three different sites give you three different P/Ns for the same part (McGeorge tends to be correct), and some parts just don't seem to be listed, while others are said to be unavailable but actually are, and some Toyota P/Ns (belts for example) have too many numbers for the 'search-by-P/N' boxes and so do not appear at all, and the big sites rarely say a part is permanently unavailable because immediate click-backs on hundreds of parts x thousands of visitors hurts their SEO. Plus, even when you have the above illustration in front of you, 16584-61020 and -61030 appear identical in the illustrations (though it's hard to tell because of course Toyota doesn't actually include the P/Ns on its illustrations, because that would be too easy), but one is triple the price of the other. Why? Maybe Toyota knows, or someone here who's been through this before. I sure as h*ll don't, and I think I've contributed enough to ask a few questions. If I had the cheddar, I'd just hire @OGBeno and be done with it. But here I am, wondering if I'm ordering the right parts and whether I'll be bankrupt (or old) before they're all here...

Can I get an "Amen?"
Amen, bro. Ive been all over the interwebs chasing P/Ns for the past 2 years. If someone asks & I have the time, know the answer or know where to look, I'm happy to help.

'Sides, I don't think Beno does it anymore?

Amen, bro. Ive been all over the interwebs chasing P/Ns for the past 2 years. If someone asks & I have the time, know the answer or know where to look, I'm happy to help.

'Sides, I don't think Beno does it anymore?
My understanding is he consults on 'significant projects.' So if you're replacing everything (which I would if I had the cheddar), he'll swoop in and save you, potentially, hundreds of hours tracking all this stuff down and rooting out NOS NLA parts in exotic locations. @OGBeno--did I get that right?

Skin in the game? I'm burning out on hundreds of parts look-ups and price comparisons and wondering which site is right when three different sites give you three different P/Ns for the same part (McGeorge tends to be correct), and some parts just don't seem to be listed, while others are said to be unavailable but actually are, and some Toyota P/Ns (belts for example) have too many numbers for the 'search-by-P/N' boxes and so do not appear at all, and the big sites rarely say a part is permanently unavailable because immediate click-backs on hundreds of parts x thousands of visitors hurts their SEO. Plus, even when you have the above illustration in front of you, 16584-61020 and -61030 appear identical in the illustrations (though it's hard to tell because of course Toyota doesn't actually include the P/Ns on its illustrations, because that would be too easy), but one is triple the price of the other. Why? Maybe Toyota knows, or someone here who's been through this before. I sure as h*ll don't, and I think I've contributed enough to ask a few questions. If I had the cheddar, I'd just hire @OGBeno and be done with it. But here I am, wondering if I'm ordering the right parts and whether I'll be bankrupt (or old) before they're all here...

Can I get an "Amen?"
OK,
Just thought you were asking before you looked.
I look up all my own parts and it can be a pain especially if your a rookie like me !!

My understanding is he consults on 'significant projects.' So if you're replacing everything (which I would if I had the cheddar), he'll swoop in and save you, potentially, hundreds of hours tracking all this stuff down and rooting out NOS NLA parts in exotic locations. @OGBeno--did I get that right?

I am retired.

f*** off dude.
I meant (clearly, I thought) someone on a trajectory to perhaps one day achieve your level of jedi mastery in this domain. A successor who might--given your retirement--prove as enormously helpful to the community as you and CDan have, over many years.

Curious response, and one I will now always remember.

"Never meet the person you've admired all your life."
--Cyndi Lauper

Well, my Cruiser life, anyway.

Here are the brackets/hardware I did when I put in a new radiator, hoses etc. Being in the rust belt the existing brackets weren't pretty - I was glad I ripped them out and replaced. Prices were from ~1 year ago from one of the online discount dealers, I think Lewis or Rohrich. Some #s below have been superceded but the dealers will figure it out or punch them into toyotapartsdeal for the new #.

disclaimer - this might have been one of those jobs where I realized halfway through I forgot a single nut or bolt, it happens...

QtyPart #Price
Nut for radiator support690179-08025$5.94
Insulator radiator mounting216584-61020$35.52
Collar radiator support216549-61010$8.50
Bracket radiator #2116583-61030$25.45
Bracket radiator #3216585-61020$30.88
Bracket radiator #1116582-61030$25.45
Bolt with washer490119-08646$5.20
Bolt with washer291651-60850$4.08

Here are the brackets/hardware I did when I put in a new radiator, hoses etc. Being in the rust belt the existing brackets weren't pretty - I was glad I ripped them out and replaced. Prices were from ~1 year ago from one of the online discount dealers, I think Lewis or Rohrich. Some #s below have been superceded but the dealers will figure it out or punch them into toyotapartsdeal for the new #.

disclaimer - this might have been one of those jobs where I realized halfway through I forgot a single nut or bolt, it happens...

QtyPart #Price
Nut for radiator support690179-08025$5.94
Insulator radiator mounting216584-61020$35.52
Collar radiator support216549-61010$8.50
Bracket radiator #2116583-61030$25.45
Bracket radiator #3216585-61020$30.88
Bracket radiator #1116582-61030$25.45
Bolt with washer490119-08646$5.20
Bolt with washer291651-60850$4.08
I assume this was on your 97?

FWIW I find Partsouq the easiest to find part numbers, then I often go to Toyota parts deal and/or McGeorge or any other US based website and double check. Then I call my local Toyota dealer parts Dept to order the part and give them that number. Sometimes if I'm still not sure I may ask the Parts Dept if they could double check if it's correct for my model year. I find that more efficient that just asking them to look up the part number for me. I then order the parts from my local dealer who gives me a discount.

IME that system works well, saves the Parts counter guy time from looking it up to start but once he has it in front of him it's easy for him to then double check that it's correct for my model but most of the time I just give him the numbers and pay for the order. Sometimes they may need a little more information, like when his system gives him a choice of semi-floating axle versus full-floating axle, locked diffs or not, etc,etc.

Another advantage of using Partsouq is that for the majority of the parts they have photos posted up so that makes it easier to double check if it looks like what you're working on. Or, if they don't show a photo a general internet search for images with the part number (once you have it) and then double check if it looks like what you're working on.

FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom