Builds PZJ70 build-refurbish!? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The truck will go back to @Delta VS next week for some really sweet goodies.

In the meantime I aligned the doors and finalized the roof rack bolting it in place for the last time.

These OEM flares are also one of the last phases in the build.

FBCD827D-B7DA-42C0-919D-E41E8BB4FBF9.jpeg

Cheers

The truck will go back to @Delta VS next week for some really sweet goodies.

In the meantime I aligned the doors and finalized the roof rack bolting it in place for the last time.

These OEM flares are also one of the last phases in the build.

View attachment 2007172

Cheers

I really dig those OEM flares. Pricing them out, with brackets, made me sad though :D

My question is slightly off topic, but PZJ7* related.

I recently purchased a new radiator cap and the one that I received is a .9 Kpa.
According to ToyoDIY the part number (16401-54750) for my 1993 PZJ75 is a .88 - .90 Kpa, but the one that is presently installed is a 1.1 Kpa which came with the truck when I purchased it.

What is the Kpa rating of your radiator cap ?

@CharlesHS i will have to check, been busy.

This truck is going out for a nice SS exhaust next week. @Delta VS will also be finalizing the front bumper, sliders and console at the same time.

Between final build, powder coat and fitment of these items I plan to get the flares painted and fitted as well as a hood wrap done.

Then it is just a few more smallish things, testing and the truck is done.

Cheers

The truck is out getting some love at the @Delta VS shop.

5303A3CB-6736-4A29-90CC-EA7197388A18.jpeg

In the meantime I just got a few parts. Hood insulator, fender flare suited mudflaps and a few other goodies.

CF1C0F12-D767-48D0-A612-24BF135225BA.jpeg

Cheers

I really dig those OEM flares. Pricing them out, with brackets, made me sad though :D

I know this probably puts me in the minority here but flares aren't really my thing.

That being said, the OEM ones look far better than aftermarket for 70 series flares in my opinion.

A little something I am working on.

View attachment 1967508

I have OEM plastic covers for all four doors. Had to clean up old butyl tape before installing. Sprayed wax coating inside doors first.

Cheers
do you remember what the part numbers are for the front doors? I can't find any? Thanks.

@SNLC which supplier did you use to get the hood insulator?

do you remember what the part numbers are for the front doors? I can't find any? Thanks.

Sorry I don’t, there may be a pic earlier in the thread.

Cheers

Just got this truck back tonight after @Delta VS did a fantastic job on the exhaust. So........

I had to take it on a 50 mile drive!

Man oh man is this truck really coming around and nice. The brakes are unbelievable, the clutch is awesome too. The suspension is killer but the BP51s do need to be adjusted still, bit stiff on rebound. It’s super quiet! Zero rattles.

I do need to get it aligned and maybe tighten up the box a touch after. I also need to time it still with the SST.

79D20299-72AE-449A-9C36-36BA9F68F0CC.jpeg

It may be going with the owner next week for the week while his HDJ81 DD will be down here getting worked on. That or his other HDJ81 I have here and am nearly done with except the A/C is not working it it and that may mean it stays with me. All good though, I will be preparing both trucks as much as possible over the holiday weekend so he can pick whichever he wants to use next week.

Cheers

I have a bunch of videos of this truck, one I took this morning. Just don’t seem to have a lot of time to be uploading those to YouTube and then linking here. Social media like FB or Instagram make it easier to do that these days. I will get at least a final video here when the truck is all done.

In the meantime, here are a couple pics of the exhaust.

62B7AEA3-3112-4B00-894E-621E96C4AB08.jpeg
B2B42DCF-AAC2-4CD2-A2B9-F78B05C41B3A.jpeg
F63AF22D-098A-4109-8380-8FDB3DED806C.jpeg
0A3E18C8-18F8-4B1D-9472-639BBE42BB70.jpeg
7D94A15D-5328-406D-9F8F-CFA957CB0634.jpeg

I had not planned to go SS but it worked out great to have @Delta VS do the exhaust for me at the same time they were configuring the sliders. Delta only works with SS which I am fine with, the owner of this truck also really likes Dave and crew and their work so he said, yes please. 😁

I am very happy with it and the sound is about perfect, not to loud and not to quiet. We retained all the original hanger locations and used Febest rubber hangers meant for a 70 throughout.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom