Builds Project Rehab (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's starting to look like a LC again. Hood is on, but even with the hood raisers it's hitting the front part of the intake. .gonna have to figure that out.

All AN lines are connected to something. Wanted to mount the radiator today, but threw away the old one that had the side mounts on it 🤦🏽‍♂️
View attachment 3219460View attachment 3219461View attachment 3219462
The plan is to put the lift and tires on tomorrow. @roflbox is gonna stop by to lend a hand.

Also bought two sticks of DOM tubing. We are going to re-frame the back wall for more support. Got an AMAZING!!! deal from these guys that had it in their inventory for a while. . $80 for a 20ft stick 🤫. I bought all they had. Now a day, a great deal for DOM is $200 a stick.

Take that ugly cover off or change out the truck manifold for something lower profile but still maintains the same power band.

Take that ugly cover off or change out the truck manifold for something lower profile but still maintains the same power band.
I know taking it off is the easy, but I like the look better with it in than off. I also like the low profile intakes too, but it's a lot further down the list.

I know taking it off is the easy, but I like the look better with it in than off. I also like the low profile intakes too, but it's a lot further down the list.
I am sure you could find something in your tool box the starts with H and ends with a R to mold the hood supports... LOL!!!

I am sure you could find something in your tool box the starts with H and ends with a R to mold the hood supports... LOL!!!
I really think that's the plan, then Lizard Skin the bottom of the hood.

Get yourself this hood

iu

OR

iu

Any chance you have the part number for that hose you used? That looks like what i need to get the metal pipe off the valve cover of my 6bt. lol.
🤫 It's an ancient Chinese secret

87245-60420 😉

Stan at HFS did the cowl hood. May not be for everyone but it would fix your issue.

The Ford Mustang scoop box rocket used covers more real estate but still seems like your point of contact is further forward than an aesthetically placed scoop would solve.

Love em or hate em, A 1/2” or 1” body lift would do it. Eric has one in dippity. Roger brown could hook you up. Allow more clearance with lower COG since it’s a wheeler.

Back to ditch the cover and new intake

Or….hammer 😀

Stan at HFS did the cowl hood. May not be for everyone but it would fix your issue.

The Ford Mustang scoop box rocket used covers more real estate but still seems like your point of contact is further forward than an aesthetically placed scoop would solve.

Love em or hate em, A 1/2” or 1” body lift would do it. Eric has one in dippity. Roger brown could hook you up. Allow more clearance with lower COG since it’s a wheeler.

Back to ditch the cover and new intake

Or….hammer 😀
I'll re-check tomorrow, but I think the hood clearance might be fixed 🤞🏽. The hood bump stops were a little tweaked so we straighten them up and leveled out.

Today went a lot smoother than I pictured in my head. @roflbox and @fourtrax helped master the lift. Even put on a new steering stabilizer.
20230115_150233.jpg
20230115_163553_HDR.jpg
20230115_170600_HDR.jpg

Had a few minor issues in the front. Accidentally nicked a hard brake line, and the bump stops were extra rusted.

Just to hint and tease what's going on this weekend. . . Everything 😋

But really, I'm touching a few things in a few different areas put had to stop early for a work dinner I had to attend. Gonna see what I can knock out tomorrow, but it's supposed to be raining all day. Good thing the Army issues wet weather gear.
ltr6wspy19f41.jpg

It's literally rained all day. It's still raining now.
kermit-rain-meme.jpg

Super dangerous driving home this evening. On my daily beater, the front windshield is tinted. . Black as Hell. I cant see s*** in the mornings and nights.

I put in an Alloyworks radiator with electric fan 😬. Before I listen to everyone's hate, this was my thought process. I looked at the Davis Radiators but I don't want to pay ~$1000 for it. I kept seeing advertisment for these Alloyworks radiator so I looked at a few YouTube reviews on them. Decent reviews. I know these things are random hit and his if they work great, or a piece of s***. . I'm hoping it great 🤞🏽.
20230122_182709_HDR.jpg

I also put the Radius Airbox in, battery box, and pulled the wiring harness in. There are probably a few little things that I'm missing.
20230122_182717_HDR.jpg
20230122_182644_HDR.jpg

I put in an Alloyworks radiator with electric fan 😬

......it's probably basically the same radiator lol. Imo most aluminum radiators are equal. Likely all made in the same place unless it's 100% a special made in house item. I always figured the cheaper ones didn't pass a visual inspection or something.

Also anyone who says "hurr sure e-fans suck" have no clue about anything. A properly sized and properly wired e-fan setup is capable of being as good or better a mechanical fan.

Great Build!

The only thing I can add is...why didn't I get candy and a t-shirt from Radius Fabrication!

From what I have read on Radius website the short is designed for those running the stock airbox and the long is designed for those that order or are already running their airbox.

The reason Radius Fabrication told me was that the Long Snorkel was for people who already had a snorkel (and a cut fender meant for longer snorkels).

The Short is more ideal, and meant for people who aren't upgrading an existing snorkel but installing a snorkel for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom