Project PHOENIX-Gene's new LV (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Down right impressive!
So nice to see the changes over time.

Really nice!! Cant wait to see it come together. I like the TOYOTA on the tail gate, i never noticed that before.

Thanks to you all. The TOYOTA on the tailgate was an idea I had long ago after seeing the tailgate on a FJ55 while visiting Marv. I asked him if he had a beater 55 tailgate and told him what I wanted to do and he said, "I think I've got just the tailgate for you". I bought one that had the bottom inch rotted away for $20.

IMG_20191231_151421580_HDR~2.jpg

Do it! 😁

Nicest FJ35LV I’ve ever seen by infinity :)

Unfortunately, this will probably be the closest we'll ever get to seeing one. Who knows, maybe one day a real one will be found like you finding your 28 and we can all drool over it together.

What a beauty! This is the fun stage for sure, just putting in the taillight lenses will make you grin! All the jewelry that makes it come together. Been many years since I did the Green Goblin, but I remember the excitement at this stage of the build.View attachment 2508996View attachment 2508997

Exactly. I'm jonesin' to get it home to spend a day attaching the jewelry.

I feel like I should drive over to Eddie’s to check it out in this state!

Well Eddie said I should have it in a week so that will probably be two. There's still quite a few parts to be painted although they have been killing it the last few weeks.

I feel like I should drive over to Eddie’s to check it out in this state!

Better to drive over to Gene’s directly; he has better:beer:.

Excited for you, @Chef and @tornadoalleycruiser, all coming around the back turn and into the home stretch. My resto seems like a lifetime ago already. I’d like to think we’ll all get a pic together one day, but the odds are I will sell my swb before y’all are done.

Last edited:
I'll do my best to drag chef across the country once they are driving!
Congrats Gene! Lookin great.. I hung turn signals last week also.. Just makes it look so much more like a vehicle when it has blinkers.

Thanks guys. Yeah there's still a LOT to do but I'm gonna take my time over the next year and enjoy this stage. Cutting new glass all the way around will be the first thing after bolting on all of the bling. Jail bars being polished and chromed and new tires. The overwhelming part was getting the body solid again. This part will be fun.

Thanks guys. Yeah there's still a LOT to do but I'm gonna take my time over the next year and enjoy this stage. Cutting new glass all the way around will be the first thing after bolting on all of the bling. Jail bars being polished and chromed and new tires. The overwhelming part was getting the body solid again. This part will be fun.
I feel like you and I have been going through a lot of the same experience this past year with our cruisers, seeing these photos of that body near completion helps me with my body shop anxiety a bit! Helps remind me that yes, someday I'll be at that same point with the FJ28, and then I get to start putting in all the goodies. Exciting stuff, can't wait for you to fire that thing up and get it on the road! Keep the updates coming Gene!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom