Project PHOENIX-Gene's new LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been working on the chassis as much as I can to keep ahead of the bodywork. Here's a few before and after pics...
IMG_20200124_143945416_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200124_143748615.jpg
IMG_20200124_143744921.jpg
IMG_20200124_143319407_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200124_143311436_HDR.jpg

Thanks Scott. I pulled the air cleaner and valve cover off today and taking them to powder coater. Working on the gas tank this week.

Last edited:
Thanks Nathan. I've still got a lot to do but I've got plenty of time. I'm sure I'll be finished with the chassis way before the body is ready so I should have some time to detail some things out that I wasn't planning on getting to. Decided to abandon the oil filler on the valve cover and use the PCV tube.

The vertical slits at the top back above the rear hatch...

Is that on all 45’s ? ... I don’t recall that

Good eye. No that's definitely a different cover than any I've seen before. Usually it's solid. And looking closer this is a 45LV. No cut outs for the bars in the front bib that the 35 had.

Got the valve cover and air cleaner back from the powder coater and painted the glass tank and straps last weekend. Chipping away a little at a time. Should have the tank installed this weekend if I get the brass split rivets I ordered on time.
IMG_20200319_164825046.jpg
IMG_20200319_164740323.jpg
IMG_20200322_120759734.jpg

IMG_20200319_164825046.jpg

Got a few pics from the body shop this morning. Looks like the cutting has begun. I should have a few more pics to post by Sunday as well.
11588.jpeg
11616.jpeg

looks alot like mine...but your shop is much more agressive at cutting everything out at one time. o_O

One question to the LVers...what is the purpose of the L-bracket that is connected to the front seat mount and points toward bottom of the b pillar? I don't have that on mine.

crack that whip Gene! Looks like they're making pretty nice clean cuts. How are your doors?

Even naked, these trucks are beautiful! Bare Naked LV's. That's my new band name.

My doors are in great shape. No rot or rust at all. The driver rear is dented from an accident and the previous owner drilled and installed gate locks on the inside and outside so there are holes to be filled. They also drilled the dash for a rifle rack and drilled the aprons and rear roof and installed turn signals. From an inch above the floor line to the roof this LV is solid except for the rear quarters. They were rotted out and smashed up in an accident. Make no mistake, there's a ton of body work to do but this shop didn't even flinch. Plus everything I've seen come out of it looks amazing. I'm pretty confident this shop will do me right. The owner is a really nice and straight up guy who as been in the same location for over 30 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom