Project PHOENIX-Gene's new LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Merbesfield, have you been doing any work on your LV lately?

Chassis should be filled, painted and ready to bring back home by the beginning of next week. I've got to mount the back bumper, install the fuel tank and new lines, move the brake lines off of the top of the rear axle and add the LV bump stops, check the U bolts (I remember hearing something about cross threading on the day of the build), detail the motor/trans/transfer, pull the wiring, and replace some fasteners that I could see were missing once the body was off. Good times working on the LV again.

Thanks for the comments guys. Good to be back.

Unfortunately no work in long time. Was set to get going on it again, but unfortunately my 911 needs an engine rebuilt so that just wiped out my savings that was earmarked for the LV. So it will sit a little longer ☹️

Super stoked to see this project coming back to life!!!

❤️

Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

Super stoked to see this project coming back to life!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

Thank you Georg. This whole thing was your idea and I owe the opportunity to build this wagon all to you. You know I can never repay the generosity you and the guys here on the board have shown me, but I've been trying to one part at a time.

Chassis is back home. I've got the day off work tomorrow and a long list of things to get done over the next 6 weeks.
IMG_20200216_142228068~2.jpg
IMG_20200216_142146661.jpg

I like your older valve cover on a newer motor. What did you use for the mounting studs? My 70ish motor has studs that are larger at one end but too short on the other for the early cover. The early studs are the smaller diameter at both ends so they won't fit the head. Would like to know your solution. Thanks

I like your older valve cover on a newer motor. What did you use for the mounting studs? My 70ish motor has studs that are larger at one end but too short on the other for the early cover. The early studs are the smaller diameter at both ends so they won't fit the head. Would like to know your solution. Thanks

It's been 10 years but I believe I bought a few feet of all-thread and cut them to the right length. What I never finished years ago that I will have to finish now is adding a filler neck and cap to the side of the earlier valve cover. Currently there's no way to add oil without removing it. I wasn't aware the body shop was going to paint the motor and trans/transfer when they painted the chassis or I would have told them to hold off.

Really nice looking chassis. LV Bling for sure! Man that is going to be nice!

Thanks. They did a really nice job on it including flattening and welding in patches where the very rear was ripped apart. Looks like this LV took a hit from the rear that tore the bumper off.

Georg's design and it's a good one. 3/8" mounting plates and the bumper is 1/4" wall 2x4. No crumple zones. :D

It's been 10 years but I believe I bought a few feet of all-thread and cut them to the right length. What I never finished years ago that I will have to finish now is adding a filler neck and cap to the side of the earlier valve cover. Currently there's no way to add oil without removing it. I wasn't aware the body shop was going to paint the motor and trans/transfer when they painted the chassis or I would have told them to hold off.

Can't who it was but may have been LandCruiserSteve who is long gone that was going to use the vent tube to add oil. Slow process but depending on how often you drive it might not need to be done that often. Here is the desert not worried about moisture.

Thank you Steve. Chin deep into it and have got a lot of fires going at once. Having a blast and I can't wait to be driving a LV again. I'm probably a year out but that's a whole year of fun working on a classic Cruiser again.

Can't who it was but may have been LandCruiserSteve who is long gone that was going to use the vent tube to add oil. Slow process but depending on how often you drive it might not need to be done that often. Here is the desert not worried about moisture.

I'm thinking about drilling a hold in the side of the cover and welding in a large diameter radiator filler neck. Gonna check out the local radiator shop this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom