Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

master cylinder tin cup reservoirs

I’m ready for Spring.

CD95D7B8-36A1-4385-9CA7-AE83A670EE3D.jpeg

Definitely have Donkey Kong. I’m more of a Nintendo era guy than Atari so no Centipede or Asteroids. I do have a crazy rare Tempest cocktail arcade that I purchased from the original owner. Very very few ever made.

Honestly my arcade collection is more impressive than my Land Cruiser collection.

That Rush machine is 🚀🚀💥💥

So have ya had good luck opening and closing them? I love bugcatchers but they seem to be more of a novelty than a practical window.

With the front vent and rear windows open, it is almost as good as air conditioning. Nothing like any 40

When you use POR15, do you use any of the metal prep or anything else before applying it? I know you are a fan of Fluid Film, here in NE Ohio, where the roads are paved in salt brine for 6 months of the year, I have found that Woolwax is far superior for adhering to the undercarriage. I know that doesn't apply to you, but for anyone living in the rest belt, i highly recommend it! Made by the same manufacturer, it's just a lot thicker. Downside is you'll end up with it on you whenever you do anything underneath. At least it smells better than FF, lol. And THANKS for sharing so much knowledge! Mr. Patina GOAT. :)

When you use POR15, do you use any of the metal prep or anything else before applying it? I know you are a fan of Fluid Film, here in NE Ohio, where the roads are paved in salt brine for 6 months of the year, I have found that Woolwax is far superior for adhering to the undercarriage. I know that doesn't apply to you, but for anyone living in the rest belt, i highly recommend it! Made by the same manufacturer, it's just a lot thicker. Downside is you'll end up with it on you whenever you do anything underneath. At least it smells better than FF, lol. And THANKS for sharing so much knowledge! Mr. Patina GOAT. :)

You don’t have to do anything but clean it for POR

Thanks, I'm glad you have success without using their other products. About 15 years ago I took out all the old seam sealer in my 40 and used their system, the cleaner/degreaser, metal prep, and then the POR15 and did the entire floor. It was obviously a LOT more work, it's still holding up great. I have avoided using it in other applications because I haven't wanted to do all the prep.

Three years ago today, and I finally had time to make it through this build today :cool: :alien: :greyalien: :blackalien:
I need to stop watching March Madness and get into the garage! Hopefully the snow in Ohio will melt soon. Great stuff here, as usual!

I hated the beige and literally let out a "YESSSS!" when I saw the blue. I was hoping it wasn't just another paint stage after the pink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom