Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the shreeking tensioner pulley and idler pulley on the Tundra... I bought the part in 2015 to replace it when I replaced the water pump and thermostat housing. No idea why I didn't do it then...

Adding and redoing grounding wires/cables/straps on the 40series. Was having hard start issues since I replaced the starter. Fried a little ground wire I used to ground the fender to the battery, which likely means that my orig ground cable wasn't working all so well. Need to figure out why my running lights don't work too. At least the headlights are on a separate harness.

Pulled the final part off the parts 80. It will be going to the scrap heap very soon. So if you want an engine and/ or trans speak up now. You'll have to bring about six sheets of 3/4" plywood to roll my engine hoist to get it out. 265k-ish on the engine.
IMG_20190527_151937.jpg

Pulled the final part off the parts 80. It will be going to the scrap heap very soon.

Stump, do you still have the parking brake lever, and is it decent?

I need a gray one for the HDJ81. I think they're the same...

What year is the truck? Does it have the stock radio/cassette deck, I'd be interested in that as well.

I checked my 80 parts, and have neither of these... 😢

Stump, do you still have the parking brake lever, and is it decent?

I need a gray one for the HDJ81. I think they're the same...

What year is the truck? Does it have the stock radio/cassette deck, I'd be interested in that as well.

I checked my 80 parts, and have neither of these... 😢
I have both of those things. They are yours.

There might be one or two cooling system parts I could use. That hard line that goes from the water pump towards the fire wall.
It's there.

I can pull the hood. Bring some tasty beers from NC and it’s yours. I have no need for it.
Also the lower tailgate is MINT. But I want actual green for that. I plan to pull the hood, doors and tailgate before it goes.

@Stumpalama What's your all you can carry PNP price?

Last edited:
Replaced the shreeking tensioner pulley and idler pulley on the Tundra... I bought the part in 2015 to replace it when I replaced the water pump and thermostat housing. No idea why I didn't do it then...
was it about the same as changing the pulleys on the 4 runner?

I can pull the hood. Bring some tasty beers from NC and it’s yours.
I'm gonna hit up Assclown tonight, just for you. Check them out and text me anything you specifically might want, otherwise you'll get whatever. If it's growler only then I'll go back on 6/10. You'll definitely receive some swag, tho.

was it about the same as changing the pulleys on the 4 runner?

Easier..., but a bit more involved since there is very little room between the fan, fan shroud and engine. I had to pull the fan, fan shroud and another pully to access one of the tensioner assembly bolts; but it made for plenty of room to operate. The only real pain is spilling coolant when pulling the top hose.

I'm gonna hit up Assclown tonight, just for you. Check them out and text me anything you specifically might want, otherwise you'll get whatever. If it's growler only then I'll go back on 6/10. You'll definitely receive some swag, tho.

Looks like they distribute around NC, so no need to necessarily go out of your way. Find Our Beer – Ass Clown Brewing
That being said, I am on a Sour/ Gose kick as of late and IPAs and Saisons are always good.

Just found this, Oh, my! They are thinking what i'm thinking: that this is the summer of sours.

Got my windows roped back in. Big shout out to Mike at Windshield City in Chantilly. He did it in about 15 minutes for both sides and didn't charge me for it either. He said to just let people know about his shop. So if you guys have any auto glass needs hit them up. They are in the shop Wednesdays and Fridays and mobile the rest of the week.

IMG_20190529_171734947_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom