Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have my factory tan leather front seats that I just replaced with BRZ seats and was wondering if anyone had a need or want? The motors work well and I put gamiviti gears in 2 years ago. Any takers? Going to the dump in the very near future

Have my factory tan leather front seats that I just replaced with BRZ seats and was wondering if anyone had a need or want? The motors work well and I put gamiviti gears in 2 years ago. Any takers? Going to the dump in the very near future
I think someone here was looking for seats in the last few weeks.

I'm interested if the leather is better than mine. Hell, I'm interested anyway. I'll make the drive if there are no takers ahead of me.

Last edited:

I'll take them as a "want" but upgrade it to a "need" soon. When do you want to get them gone?

John- I don't want the leather, just the rest for parts. My driver seat is doing a whacky bit where it moves just a little at a complete stop. Haven't dug in to it but want to hedge in case I find something worn out.

Here is your answer: LX450 and FZJ80 front fenders - Same or not?
They are functionally the same, but the LX450 has more holes for the cladding at the bottom.

Yep, the less holes the better. If I cant find a color match and decide to paint, I might weld the holes. Or plug the with LEDs or some other cool bling to annoy everyone around me, maybe windshield washer nozzles to spray other drivers that veer to close!

They are pretty beat in my opinion, here are a couple of pics.

I'll take them as a "want" but upgrade it to a "need" soon. When do you want to get them gone?

John- I don't want the leather, just the rest for parts. My driver seat is doing a whacky bit where it moves just a little at a complete stop. Haven't dug in to it but want to hedge in case I find something worn out.
Looking to get rid of them asap. Need them out of the garage for house showings. Can move them to the storage unit for a while before I run out of room there.
I think someone here was looking for seats in the last few weeks.

I'm interested if the leather is better than mine. Hell, I'm interested anyway. I'll make the drive if there are no takers ahead of me.
They are very uncomfortable, drivers seat as you can see is totally destroyed, seat covers held it together. Passenger bolsters are gone and it sits rough as well but no through cuts in the leather.

Following up on my post from a few pages back. After a fried alternator battery cable and post I’m back up and running thanks to @emorth coaching and electrical tech day. Still need to add some zip ties. Ancor marine wire and lugs, new military battery terminals, and Blue Sea MRBF fuse/fuse block.

Also, took the opportunity to install the smog pump I had rebuilt by BZ rebuilders— they do the service for SOR but for 1/3 the price of what SOR charges. Visible in the second pic.

Next electrical improvements will be replacing the battery to starter cable and all the ground straps. Eventually, I want to figure out a solution for the NLA fusible links as well.

And had to fetch my 10mm and 1/2 socket wrench from the road after leaving it on the bumper :hillbilly:

0CF7C240-030E-4B76-BD53-A880EEB30F5B.jpeg
E0FB6BC7-07A8-4101-AB0F-4C28A25AB42E.jpeg
1DDF2734-9256-45A7-82E4-C1BEF7CB2CAB.jpeg
84E6C181-1691-45C0-B098-4E03F7B1E75C.jpeg
63C25288-EF8C-44CC-A223-8E5BE14443EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Following up on my post from a few pages back. After a fried alternator battery cable and post I’m back up and running thanks to @emorth coaching and electrical tech day. Still need to add some zip ties. Ancor marine wire and lugs, new military battery terminals, and Blue Sea MRBF fuse/fuse block.

Also, took the opportunity to install the smog pump I had rebuilt by BZ rebuilders— they do the service for SOR but for 1/3 the price of what SOR charges. Visible in the second pic.

Next electrical improvements will be replacing the battery to starter cable and all the ground straps. Eventually, I want to figure out a solution for the NLA fusible links as well.

And had to fetch my 10mm and 1/2 socket wrench from the road after leaving it on the bumper :hillbilly:

View attachment 1969105View attachment 1969107View attachment 1969108View attachment 1969106View attachment 1969109
Ed has the answer to the fusible links as well... it’s a resettable circuit breaker. I put one on my 40. Easy as pie.

Currently prepping for run with the guys from Mountain State Overland.
* GMSR installed (License acquired)
* Starter Cable replaced with 1/0.
* Inverter Install in progress
* Rear spring spacer swap: 30mm to 50mm

Hope to make the June Club Meeting.

Almost there!!

I think I Can!
I think I Can!
I think I Can!
I think I Can!

Almost there!!

I think I Can!
I think I Can!
I think I Can!
I think I Can!
Made it! At 10pm tonight. Now to kill a few days and relax after what has honestly been the longest feeling cross country road trip so far...either the wagon is getting too old for it or I am because I feel wore out!

Does anybody have a set up to weld stainless ?? I have new exhaust pipe for my little car that needs welding but it’s stainless and I can’t do it
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom