Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where in East Texas?

I was stuck in Greenville for 3 years working for E-Systems/Raytheon.

I broke it. Again. Luckily I got the Elwood boys on speed dial and a shop to fix her tomorrow. Halfway there! Been driving all day in Texas...and I am still in Texas.

20190429_225434.jpg

IMG_20190428_194312_356.jpg

Was going to change oil on my IS, but it sits too low to get my jack under the front crossmember and there isn't all that much room for a jack and jackstand per side on the pinch weld at a time. Need to dip into the :princess:'s tools, since they're mostly for lowered cars and not trucks like mine...but I managed to piss her off yesterday.

Was going to put wheel spacers on the 40, only to see Stump's post and confirm that they won't work.

Bent the s*** out of two Enkei rims and damaged two tires on the Lexus hitting some deep potholes, and those wheels are set to be delivered soon today...so now I wait and hope they arrive before the evening thunderstorms.

Or pack up my tools and go have a beer.

I considered laying a bunch of boards out to raise the car up "just enough" to clear the jack, but...I'm not very motivated. I've got an old set of steel ramps that are old-school steep angled too, and I've used bricks to change the approach angle. I should just get rid of those now.

@Devilmans Hand My wife turned in her leased IS200T F-Sport today. We're now payment free and she's rocking her own LX450 and LX470! That $500+/month will soon be spent on more LC goodness. Actually, she already started spending it with last week's purchase of a heat exchanger shower kit for her 450. Because her camping bathtub ain't gonna heat the water itself.

I lost a right-of-way dispute to a tree over the weekend. I finally sprayed the mud off yesterday, now I need to finish removing the flare and see about pulling the fender out enough so I can open the driver door. I meant to pull the flares of a long time ago, I really wish I would have 'cause I think it was a damage multiplier.... Btw, I might be in the market for a replacement fender...

bent fender 2.jpg

bent fender 3.jpg

bent fender1.jpg

I lost a right-of-way dispute to a tree over the weekend. I finally sprayed the mud off yesterday, now I need to finish removing the flare and see about pulling the fender out enough so I can open the driver door. I meant to pull the flares of a long time ago, I really wish I would have 'cause I think it was a damage multiplier.... Btw, I might be in the market for a replacement fender...

View attachment 1968103

View attachment 1968104

View attachment 1968105
I know a guy with an 80 with that fender...

I'm 99.9 percent sure they are the same. I was 100% until you said something...

As noted in another thread, my wife calls me “the dream crusher”.

Hopefully, I’m incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom