Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like his lower ball joint let go, I'm not sure what caused it. Jumping the dunes?
By the looks of everything else under there, I'm gonna go with lack of maintenance and hard driving.

I used some heavy duty Velcro on my mid sized extinguisher that is under the driver seat in the tundra and the one in the 4Runner. They stick very well to the carpet. They are not going anywhere, but are easy enough to pull out in a hurry.

I'm glad to see that actually works. I have heavy duty velcro and was thinking about going that route for now.

Hey all, would you guys do torn/leaking CV Boots now if you had a pending suspension lift, or would you wait until after the lift is complete. It's on a 100-series LC that is getting a 2.5" lift.

Hey all, would you guys do torn/leaking CV Boots now if you had a pending suspension lift, or would you wait until after the lift is complete. It's on a 100-series LC that is getting a 2.5" lift.
Well, it depends on who is replacing the CV's... is it me? If so, I would do them, then have Susp installed, but I'm cheap.

It would really depend on the condition of the boots. Do they still have grease in them and is it worth it to install a temp boot/overboot, then wait to have them done while the susp. is installed.

Sliders are in! The race to have them cleaned and painted in time begins with the hectic schedule

20190417_202559.jpg

Making progress tonight! Got both sides primed and 1 side painted with 2 coats.

20190418_224542.jpg

20190418_214635.jpg

That's miserable--how do you do that?
Not mine.
Was a 4 runner driven by a guy in the Richmond 4by contest down on the outer banks. He was in some level heavy soft sand and I heard the “pop” and then the metal crash of the CV joint thrashing and looked down the beach to see his truck dead.
I want to say the stress overloaded it and it let go.
He refused a ride to get help. When the tow company wanted what was approaching a mortgage payment to take him off the beach I got involved because they were just trying to screw him out of his money because he had no other options.
We ended up taking a scrap piece of 4’ plywood piece and pulling the broken axle and tire up on it then tieing it to the frame with wire and making a sled and drug the truck backwards over the sand to the hard pack parking lot where it became a “regular” tow and “only” cost him $350. (Still a rip off in my book)
Was so busy doing things I did not take any pics of the macgyvering

Last edited:
Mostly on. Just gotta drill the holes on the bottom of the frame and bolt those in tomorrow morning
Thanks @JohnVee for helping this morning!

20190420_142935.jpg

20190420_143015.jpg

Tightened the belts in prep for RR and found a lake of red fluid under the 40 the next morning. Fender is off, rebuild kit for the Saginaw Ham Can P/S pump is on order along with a backup pump in case the rebuild kit doesn't solve the problem. Modified the bracket last night to solve the nightmare bolt problem. Swiching over to studs to make re-install easier and hopefully put less pressure on the finicky reservoir seal. Keeping fingers crossed that this is the last time I have to fight the leaky reservoir issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom