Poverty Pack Modifications / Feature Delete Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Search or PM for answers. Please don't sidetrack this thread with registration/import questions.

@phrogg4evr I do like that larger center console as well. It is easy to delete our flip up armrest but the new cost of that console half makes it unfeasible... unless I was able to score a wrecking yard part. It would have to be a LHD console too.

1595D268-E984-4557-8EEE-F6DF5EA7CB44.jpeg

factory sub tank filler neck

View attachment 2112014
Why is this the most beautiful thing I've seen all week? I've also never been so excited to see switch blanks.
I'm sure our friends from the rest of the world must think we Americans are mad for obsessing over these low-option rigs.

Why is this the most beautiful thing I've seen all week? I've also never been so excited to see switch blanks.
I'm sure our friends from the rest of the world must think we Americans are mad for obsessing over these low-option rigs.

I live in Atlanta and think this.

I get the point of buying a vehicle with few or no options for the sake of simplicity. Downgrading one you already have for the sake of... idk what... That I don't quite get.

Remove breakable thing, sure, I get that. I deleted AHC for that purpose. Replacing a leather shift knob for a rubber one just because it looks like a base model? What's the point?

As far as modding for appearance, appearance is highly subjective and everyone has their own personal taste and what they are willing to spend for it. Look at all the vinyl wrap jobs. For the same cost, you could do a whole slew of poverty pack mods. To each their own, right?

If the leather on my shift knob was worn, I'd certainly consider replacing it with a rubber version vs recovering my existing knob in leather. Cost is about the same. Same with Tupperware bumpers, new unpainted black vs repainting.

That's right, once you get rid of the power antenna, rear AC or heater, you'll need these finishing touches.... blank switches! @AlabamaLX pointed these out...

lc-lx470-switch-blanks-jpg.2112820
screen-shot-2019-10-21-at-4-15.jpg

Last edited:
I think the gcc fzj100 "g" is one of the least equipped cruisers on market they have no center console manual windows manual locks manual antenna 5 speed stick only ( no option on those for automatic) no abs no airbags at all and a black grill(on later models) with manual black side mirrors barn doors and steel wheels

As far as modding for appearance, appearance is highly subjective and everyone has their own personal taste and what they are willing to spend for it. Look at all the vinyl wrap jobs. For the same cost, you could do a whole slew of poverty pack mods. To each their own, right?

If the leather on my shift knob was worn, I'd certainly consider replacing it with a rubber version vs recovering my existing knob in leather. Cost is about the same. Same with Tupperware bumpers, new unpainted black vs repainting.
You gave me a good idea about just getting new unpainted bumpers. Relatively cheap on partsouq (about $160 each). Do you know if they are a nice, uniform black or do they have swirls in them and other imperfections from the molding process that would need to be covered by paint?

@Jfcol The bumpers will be have a nice, even texture from the molds. I believe, even the US version will have the same finish but I don't know for sure. Shipping my be killer. Local might be the way to go.

Should look like this...
1554280179679_default

@Jfcol The bumpers will be have a nice, even texture from the molds. I believe, even the US version will have the same finish but I don't know for sure. Shipping my be killer. Local might be the way to go.

Should look like this...
1554280179679_default
That looks great. And I did just check shipping. Yikes.

You gave me a good idea about just getting new unpainted bumpers. Relatively cheap on partsouq (about $160 each). Do you know if they are a nice, uniform black or do they have swirls in them and other imperfections from the molding process that would need to be covered by paint?
Not sure as mine has painted bumbers but I think the unpainted ones have a different texture they look matt not glossy

Cool, how many gallons?

Small, 14-ish gallons. Will be getting replaced with an 150L LRA sub tank via @wardharris next year some time. I have to get the mechanical and suspension needs sorted out first.

You got the sub tank and spare? I didn't realize you could have both. Now this I need. lol

its gone when it gets replaced with the LRA sub tank and Kaymar rear tire carrier. I’ll probably sell the tank and tire carrier when I pull it all. I just don’t know if it will fit a UZJ100, the FZJ/HZJ105 sits on an 80 Series chassis:hmm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom