Builds POTM - March, 2014 - Javelina By Pablo Cruise (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here👇

A68193CB-8200-4A95-810A-66CC3B4B1228.png

I got to play around a little with the AC compressor bracket as well.

1st pic compares the messed up bolt that came with the bracket to what a local 3FE guy gave me (thanks Crash!)
2nd pic shows the reach of the tensioner with the shorter bolt - should be okay?
Next pic - mount is in place - just a mock up, but so far so good.
Next, I thought I would lay out the bolts by p/n in case anyone else is ever in my predicament. Turns out I got the top bolts switched - they are different lengths - but I was not going to pull the bracket for another photo.
Then - bolts used to bolt compressor to bracket.
Compressor no fit :-( I need to re-do my PS hoses to make room. Starting to get crowded over there!
With the bracket mounted up, I am wondering how difficult it will be to tension that belt!

View attachment 1130841View attachment 1130842View attachment 1130843View attachment 1130844View attachment 1130845

I have to see if I can find out what year this AC compressor mount bracket is for - 8/87 to 8/88, or 8/88 to 1/90...

Makes sense that the metal tabs are in, like the drivers side. They keep the engine from rotating (shifting) to far one way or the other minimizing the abuse on the rubber.

Makes sense that the metal tabs are in, like the drivers side. They keep the engine from rotating (shifting) to far one way or the other minimizing the abuse on the rubber.

I think I get what you mean. If the engine torque rotates towards the driver side, then the metal tab would be inboard on DS and outboard on the PS.

I should have checked which way the engine torque moves before installation.

Trying to organize my AC thoughts here...

I got an AC compressor mount a while back from Deo @cruiserjunktion :

9-07-15-096-jpg.1130844

Then I figured out the FJ-62 used 2 different mount brackets: Wanted - 3FE AC Compressor for FJ-62 - Wanted

I ended up with what I think are both compressors used for the FJ-62 series:

22-jun-2018-026-jpg.1729103

3FE Air Conditioner (AC) Compressor ID Help Needed Please!

Then @cruiserbrett posted up that he made a cool adapter to run 3FE AC in an older 40/55:

I have a solution for integrating factory a/c to an efi motor; to get rid of the idle speed cutoff function.

Perfect for a piggie with a diesel, or an efi motor that can control idle speed when a/c is on.

It works without any coil input(rpm) but still allows stock thermistor and temp dial to set temp.

More info to follow. Going to build a few for sale, so I will need to get a star. Will include controller box and a small wiring adapter, with or without a wire to integrate to ecu “a/c on signal”

Definitely works with 73 and later systems, but I am going to create a slightly different harness adapter for the 70-73 style.

If you come up with a stock underdash unit, without wiring or controller I can also get you functional with this and a new harness.

Slowly...

I wonder if they just offered a spacer for the tensioner pulley to adjust for the offset of the compressors? If not, it seems you could do that pretty easily.

I wonder if they just offered a spacer for the tensioner pulley to adjust for the offset of the compressors? If not, it seems you could do that pretty easily.

Good question! I imagine this whole mess might be different. But as I type this, then I don't think it would line up with the crank pulley, eh?

9-07-15-092-jpg.1130842

I pulled the AC compressor mount bracket tonight and figured it was made for the compressor with the longer case, top of picture:

22-jun-2018-026-jpg.1729103

The folks at Cool Stream have an ID guide for Land Cruiser AC compressors - how cool is that?

Based on the video, and this cool exploded diagram, I need to use the 10p15c compressor:

The shorter body compressor - bottom of the picture is the 10PA...

Last edited:
Lucky for me @Spook50 put together a sweet DIY on rebuilding the 10P15C AC compressor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom