Builds POTM - March, 2014 - Javelina By Pablo Cruise (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes it does! Thinkin 3fe might be easiest way to fix a leaking rear main:hillbilly:

We were down in AZ for Spring Break and not 1 but 2 javelinas came walking right by.

They are cool creatures.

25 March 2018 135.JPG
25 March 2018 136.JPG

Javalenas are rodents not pork.

Mmm, you might wanna look that up :pig::pig::pig: :)

Javelina/Peccary/Skunk Pig (Tayassu tajacu)

A peccary (also javelina or skunk pig) is a medium-sized hoofed mammal of the family Tayassuidae (New World pigs) in the suborder Suina along with the Old World pigs, Suidae. They are found throughout Central and South America and in the southwestern area of North America. Peccaries usually measure between 90 and 130 cm (3.0 and 4.3 ft) in length, and a full-grown adult usually weighs about 20 to 40 kg (44 to 88 lb).
Hippopotamidae had historically been classified among the Suina for morphological reasons, but is now more often classified as the sister group of the whales, or Cetacea.

Peccary - Wikipedia

Javelina Fact Sheet

Let’s just take this one step at a time, I’m just now getting to be able to recognize the seven shades of Nebula Green.

I’ll start working on the fifteen shades Cygnus White next.

I see, so you are picking colors for your Pig now?

Oh yeah...

isaac-hayes-1970s-billboard-650.jpg

Pig History, Part 4

On September 30th, 2007, Dave Lawrence - @2manycruisers, posted this classified here in the Iron Pig Preservation Society of MUD:

74 fj-55 pto, ac, no motor in New Mexico

I bought this last year to turn into the family wheeler since the 40 is a little small. But it hasn't happened, and I've decided to get a troopy.

It is a '74 FJ-55 project. No motor, I put on fj-60 power steering, have fj-60 disk brakes ready to install. 4speed, t-case (w/transition gear to fit a 3 speed case to 4 speed transmission), pto gearbox are in the back with new seals waiting for a motor to bolt them to.
It has very little rust--the lower front fenders and two places in the driver side rocker, otherwise it is clean. The paint has worn away, leaving surface rust in places, but nothing that isn't easily sanded off.
The door panels and floors/floor mats are in good shape, the front bench, headliner, and dash pad need help. I have some pics I can email, but I need to get some better ones. Asking $1600 obo. PM if interested.
David

This is where our story gets interesting, as this is the body you see in the pictures at the beginning of this thread, combined with the 3FE from the SLC Pig.

I took delivery of this Pig in February of 2008, and the work began.

That is all I have time for this morning as now the wife, child, dogs and cat are awake. More later!

Holy cow, just realized it has been 10 years since I got the Pig!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom