Wanted 3FE AC Compressor for FJ-62 - Wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is there a difference in the 80 and 62 mount?
I know I have a few 80 mounts, I may have an extra 62 mount.

my mistake, I misread the post thinking you needed a mount.

I remembered @ginericLC had issues with mixing and matching 3fe components, as some didn't line up with others.

my mistake, I misread the post thinking you needed a mount.

I remembered @ginericLC had issues with mixing and matching 3fe components, as some didn't line up with others.

Yes there are two different mounts for 62s and one different mount for FJ80s. I don't recall which mounts were different though. It was a nightmare. I eventually had to put a whole FJ62 set of brackets onto the 80 engine to get all the accessories to work. IIRC the PS pump was the big issue.

Yes there are two different mounts for 62s and one different mount for FJ80s. I don't recall which mounts were different though. It was a nightmare. I eventually had to put a whole FJ62 set of brackets onto the 80 engine to get all the accessories to work. IIRC the PS pump was the big issue.

Yes, it looks like different compressor mounts for the different compressors.
There is one for 8/87 to 8/88:
PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

I need to figure out what compressor mounting bracket I got, and then get the correct compressor.

Thanks @ginericLC

Last edited:

@ginericLC - do you have any threads describing your trials and tribulations?

Thanks!

The ac/ motor mount bracket and power steering bracket are different from 62s to 80s- gotta keep those components as a set; but doesn’t affect engine locating... I’ve posted pics of the 2 side by side once; not sure where they are right now... I have 2 80 series sets less power steering pumps.... but no spare 62 bits...

Have you tried coolstream for the manifold?i don’t recall if they had them, but they stocked the other cruiser AC components...

I might have what your looking for if it is just that manifold. I just finished a diesel swap in a 62 and didn't use the A/C compressor or lines, I know I still have the cut lines/manifold, but not sure about the compressor. let me know if your interested.

I might have what your looking for if it is just that manifold. I just finished a diesel swap in a 62 and didn't use the A/C compressor or lines, I know I still have the cut lines/manifold, but not sure about the compressor. let me know if your interested.

Thank you, PM sent.
This is what the manifold on my compressor looks like:

4E0C24F6-7513-4765-9572-1B1C46AB4458.jpeg

Thank you, PM sent.
This is what the manifold on my compressor looks like:

View attachment 1972522

the 62 hoses have a bolt flange fitting, the hose attaches with the bolt, 1 bolt for each hose. there is a male piece on the fitting that the oring goes on and slips into the compressor then held in place with the bolt.

the 62 hoses have a bolt flange fitting, the hose attaches with the bolt, 1 bolt for each hose. there is a male piece on the fitting that the oring goes on and slips into the compressor then held in place with the bolt.

Do these look like what I need?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom