Post your pics of your clean daily driven FJ40's (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

81 fj40

More pictures
5.jpg
Picture 018.jpg
Picture 022.jpg

My daily drivers...

The red one is a 1970 fj40, the blue one is a 1982 fj43, love to drive both!!:steer:

Juan
1970 fj40
1982 fj43
2006 drz400sm
1970fj40.jpg
1982fj43.jpg

1982 FJ40

2F, 4 speed, 4.5" MAF lift, rear Aussie locker
CL Pic 1.jpg

WOW! Just read the thread. Makes me want to add a 40 to keep my 100 company! Great job guys, these are really awesome!

Jonathan

ben1fj.jpg

Mine

Photos from my cruiser in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, South America. DD and cleaned for the first time in 8 months especially for this photo session. Model 1978 FJ40 with original 2F engine.
I would love do to some work on this car (hydraulic steering, disk brakes, new chairs etc) but I am complete noob when it comes down to cars.
cruiser1.jpg

cruiser 1.jpg

View attachment 418254
cruiser1.jpg
cruiser 1.jpg

Last edited:
My 1975, Been my daily driver since 1995. I got lucky on this one. P.o. rebuilt everything on it From engine to U bolts.( he actually did a good job on it) It originally was mustard yellow, and when I got it it had been repainted the same color with diamond plate covering rusted out quarter panels. At the time I didnt really like the yellow. I wanted something a little more subdued, so i found a 1958 VW/Porche color, pale grey. Everything on running gear is stock, even emmissions B.S. but it runs strong so why mess with it. I really only wheel it during deer season and several camping trips yearly.
DSC03216.jpg

] 9-73,2f, 4 speed, Mostly weekender.

Man, I sure want me some of them there stock wheels to

complete the restoration. I have a barely used tan soft top if

someone wants to trade some wheels fpr it.
4x4 weekend at Borrego Springs 10 2008 043.jpg
old school land cruiser.jpg
DSC02626.JPG

weekender now, d.d. for 6 years before the upgrade
DSCF2340.jpg

The 43

Daily driven to college even with the 35" boggers. She sits on 33" LTBs now.
IMG_1773.jpg
IMG_1779.jpg

] 9-73,2f, 4 speed, Mostly weekender.

Man, I sure want me some of them there stock wheels to

complete the restoration. I have a barely used tan soft top if

someone wants to trade some wheels fpr it.

Better flip your bezel before you worry about stock wheels, nice rig

I'm happy to finally be able to claim it as a DD. I just spent a few months rebuilding the knuckles, steering, brakes, and suspension. Before that it was unsafe at any speed which limited it to doing a few easy off-road excursions and neighborhood cruising.
IMG_7799.jpg

Daily driven on the weekends ;)
Picture 090.jpg

DD

Last summer it went back together and was the DD till the snow came. Finally its out again. To drive it is to be inspired to find more projects for it.

Upgrading to 37 mtr/allied and going soa with a small stretch as funding/gathering allows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom