Post your Gauge Install Photos! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just mounted these up for my buddy in his bj42. Gotta love 24v wiring. His friend used an ignition source with a converter to 12v and a relay for the lights. Course now it's not working and I have to reinvent the old wiring. Least the gauges look nice. Some flat plate aluminum with 2" hole saw cuts that I enlarged slightly with my die grinder till they fit snug. Cool thing is the gauges barely slip into the stereo opening without modifying it. I should have made the aluminum a bit wider and I could have hid the screws in behind that rubber trim stuff.

image.jpeg

in my FJ45 with a 12HT. top left is manifold vacuum. top right is electric water temp at the top rad hose. then voltage at mid left. red light is shutoff VSV indicator. yellow is spare and green is charge light. bottom left is mechanical water temp at thermostat and last one is mechanical oil pressure.
20170306_134707.jpg
then i have this alternator driven tacho with built in hour meter
20170306_134653.jpg

still looking for a pyro and boost gauge. havnt found any yet

I posted this in the 80 series section yesterday, but I should have posted here to update this thread as it applies to diesels more.

Please forgive the "double post" in that sense.

Auber style gauge in modified 80 series cluster

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

used one of these guys:

XMT7100 DC12V Intelligent LED Digital PID Temperature Controller Alarm Relay Ouput Panel Size 48*24mm -in Temperature Instruments from Tools on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

and waiting on this probe to arrive to try it out:

Replacement for Defi Link and for Apexi meter Exhaust Temperature Sensor for TANSKY's guage FOR VW GOLF MK5 FSI EP CGQ02-in Exhaust Temperature Meter from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

So I guess I'm into it for $26. I may need to add some tint if it's too bright at night. I cleaned up the lens after the last picture, its much clearer and can see the entire numbers better than the last picture indicates.

Last edited:
@cody c Are you using that for EGT, or what?

@cody c Are you using that for EGT, or what?

That's the plan, I have a 3 pod A pillar, but I never liked the pyrometer I had for it, I'm going to fill the spot with a coolant temp gauge. I had a couple EGT's, the good one was stolen, and then a cheaper one that had a mind of its own and was too bright for night driving. I'll probably be content with a cheap Equus coolant temp to match the oil and boost gauges in place now.

I suppose the nice thing about it, if someone wanted to keep things looking stock hiding the gauge in dash gives you that, and one less thing to attract thieves. I'd love to move the boost in dash as well even and get rid of the three gauge pillar pod.

Last edited:
That's the plan, I have a 3 pod A pillar, but I never liked the pyrometer I had for it, I'm going to fill the spot with a coolant temp gauge.

I suppose the nice thing about it, if someone wanted to keep things looking stock hiding the gauge in dash gives you that, and one less thing to attract thieves. I'd love to move the boost in dash as well even and get rid of the three gauge pillar pod.

I could have sworn I'd posted my setup in this thread (maybe there's a similar one floating around?), but here's what I did. Gets everything down off your pillar.

image (5).jpeg
IMG_2375[1].JPG

These look oddly familiar .... :idea: .... wait! , I was looking at them on my commute this morning :lol:
Forgive me, I'm relegated to file photos. :)

:rofl:

Needed to find a location for the Gauges on the BJ74 and with 3D printing being what it is these days I figured that is by far the quickest option to get something that looks factory. Fusion 360 is pretty much free so I used it to draw up a lower section pod that will hole Boost, Trans Temp and Pyro. I guess I will find out in 3 hrs lol

1686328787767.png

Well I had blue loaded so blue it is, not really in love with it might keep thinking but it is certainly an option

2023-06-09 09.41.24.jpg

2023-06-09 09.41.28.jpg

Here's the gage mount I incorporated into the 1HDT conversion on my FJ60. It is utilitarian, but I love it. Perfect for character of the truck.

Dan

View attachment 862706
I like this I should do the same in my 80 and remove the grab handle in the pillar!!!!

Not feeling the love on the under dash, maybe I do a side mount pod setup... still not feeling it now its printed.

2023-06-09 15.59.17.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom