Post your Gauge Install Photos! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the gage mount I incorporated into the 1HDT conversion on my FJ60. It is utilitarian, but I love it. Perfect for character of the truck.

Dan

image-1223802626.jpg

Those auber gauges are a good find, especially if they do EGT temp and boost on one gauge for around $80, I'm guessing your going to use it for EGT's, boost, oil psi and coolant? The only thing It seems to be lacking is display of what units, I suppose you will probably make some labels up.

Just looking at this four channel type K temp unit on ebay, about $40 but only displays one at a time, though i could check egt's intake temp pre/post IC, and coolant temp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-DC-Temperature-Meter-for-4-Temp-Sensors-4-x-K-Type-Thermocouple-Inputs-/251315933518?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3a8398d14e
That one appears to only do temperature sensors. The Auber unit does either pressure or temp sensors, has settings for alarms and trigger ouputs to relays for alarms. So you can use it to kick in a fan for extra cooling or shut off the engine if the pressure is too low.
I will be labeling them and yes I am using them for :
Coolant temp/oil pressure
Boost preaaure/EGTs

As for my truck, it can be found in my signature, under the non-project, project truck ...there are many pages, because there were many issues and complications, but recently if has gotten better.

Last edited:
That one appears to only do temperature sensors. The Auber unit does either pressure or temp sensors, has settings for alarms and trigger ouputs to relays for alarms. So you can use it to kick in a fan for extra cooling or shut off the engine if the pressure is too low.
I will be labeling them and yes I am using them for :
Coolant temp/oil pressure
Boost preaaure/EGTs

As for my truck, it can be found in my signature, under the non-project, project truck ...there are many pages, because there were many issues and complications, but recently if has gotten better.

You are right, no outputs. I'm not really interested in alarms for pre/post IC temps or coolant, the 3B has a cutoff for low oil pressure already, might be nice to have the electric fans for the IC or rad come on at a low temp though. :hmm: Could actually be much cheaper then one of those specific modules for an electric fan :idea:

Everyone screwing into the pillar, is there wires running up there and an internal steel skin to screw into? My 91 hdj80 gxl has fabric on the inside of the pillar.

Everyone screwing into the pillar, is there wires running up there and an internal steel skin to screw into? My 91 hdj80 gxl has fabric on the inside of the pillar.

My 80 is a 94 and the same way. Yes, there are wires in there. You just need to take care when screwing into the sheet metal. If I remember correctly the most, if not all the wires, are from the the gauges.

Most cruisers have a factory converter for 12V which is what I used. Some gauges work both 12/24v. Most gauges only require 12v for the bulb so swap that and you're fine.

The only 24v part on ours was the starter, so 12v gauges were never an issue. The starter has been replaced by the 12v version. Now the solenoid sits in a box with the rest of the spares, the starters is waiting to be converted to 12v.

change the bulbs on mech gauges (boost, oil pressure) and add a resistor to the 12v pyro. Isspro offers a 24V of everything as well if getting new. So does Westach .

The peob is the autometer cobalts i have i guess use a led bulb and i tried to open them up but dont wanna break them they seem sealed pretty good. I emailed auto meter to see what Volts they are rated to.

Brad i was chatting with JP yesteday and he said the same with Isspro selling 24v models. If its going to turn into a hassle i might just buy those and sell my cobalts.

It is the most sincere form of flattery....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom