Post your Gauge Install Photos! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hope you have better luck with the Glowshift gauges than I had. Out of five gauges I have only two still working, both mechanical.

Fuel pressure: two different sensors went bad, now the gauge lights are not always working.

Tranny temp: the needle started violently banging from stop to stop. I disconnected it from the sensor wondering if the problem might be in the sensor, like the fuel pressure sensor. The needle continued the violent banging stop to stop. It finally died.

Coolant temp: started reading way off temps, then started banging stop to stop.

I gave up on these gauges since only the mechanical gauges, EGT and boost, still work. Wasted money.

Don

I hope you have better luck with the Glowshift gauges than I had. Out of five gauges I have only two still working, both mechanical.

Fuel pressure: two different sensors went bad, now the gauge lights are not always working.

Tranny temp: the needle started violently banging from stop to stop. I disconnected it from the sensor wondering if the problem might be in the sensor, like the fuel pressure sensor. The needle continued the violent banging stop to stop. It finally died.

Coolant temp: started reading way off temps, then started banging stop to stop.

I gave up on these gauges since only the mechanical gauges, EGT and boost, still work. Wasted money.

Don

My 3 Glowshift gauges (2 electrical, 1 mechanical) are still going strong after about 4 years. Sorry to hear you had such problems with them.

Not the best quality photos but you get the idea, EGT gauge is installed in clock location.

Gauges are now a mix of saber and depo after the boost gauge died.

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01459.jpg

Not the best quality photos but you get the idea, EGT gauge is installed in clock location.

Gauges are now a mix of saber and depo after the boost gauge died.

Ive never seen that instrument cluster before in an 80, is that stock or modified? weird?

Ive never seen that instrument cluster before in an 80, is that stock or modified? weird?

I was going to say the same thing! That multi-guage in place of the tach is not something I've ever seen before, mine had the speedo & tach and 4 smaller gauges around the edges for fuel, coolant temp, voltage, and oil pressure.

You'll also notice the 5 speed, no center console (shifter console), manual HVAC controls, no power mirrors, no power windows, no CDL switch, no fog lights, no rear heater, no adjustable shocks, and no power antenna. This must be a base model from somewhere else in the world. It probably has barn doors on the back as well.

But I dig the dashmat. I need one to cover my cracked dash.

You'll also notice the 5 speed, no center console (shifter console), manual HVAC controls, no power mirrors, no power windows, no CDL switch, no fog lights, no rear heater, no adjustable shocks, and no power antenna. This must be a base model from somewhere else in the world. It probably has barn doors on the back as well.

But I dig the dashmat. I need one to cover my cracked dash.

Yeah I would say it was a dx model.

Dash mats you can get just about anywhere here in Australia. Normally sell for about $30-$40.

Yeah I would say it was a dx model.

Dash mats you can get just about anywhere here in Australia. Normally sell for about $30-$40.

Plus $60-100 shipping to Canada. That's an expensive piece of carpet!

Yeah it is a base model or "povvo" pack as we call them here in australia, correct on the barn doors.

Will be having a go at fitting a lot of gxl parts into cabin later on (seats, center console, roof console thingy) if I can find one in good condition, first thing will be the instrument cluster as I REALLY want a rev gauge to monitor boost at revs, the wiring harness looks like it will accept an updated cluster as there are a lot of spare plugs back there.

I'm guessing the harnesses on these are a one size fits across all models of that year?

Little overdue.

Here are my 77's gauges for my turbo install.
Isspro EV2 Series w/ Red Pointer and Green Backlight
Oil Pressure, Pyrometer, Boost Gauge
Loving them so far. I have programmed the EGT to have a warning light go off at 1200 deg F.
Thinking about setting a low oil pressure light if I was to blow a line feeding my turbo.

View attachment 741084

I wondered if it could be done without cutting the bezel around the stereo opening. Glad to see you dint have too but dam that really shows just how tight that location is

You just have to deremel the back a little bit
If you need specific picture I can take them.

Like seeing everybody's gauge layout... you can tell what is important to a guy by his gauges :lol: Here is what I have done so far in my troopy. The tyre gauge has really saved my bacon a couple of times and getting good tyres to the centre of Africa is a challenge :hmm: to say the least and BIG$$ :bang:
My Engine status - heat and oil are mechanical

This is my compressor gauge

And finally my Orange Tyre gauge... shows pressure and temp in both USA and World measurements :clap:

Finally thought I would post the mod I did of my Radiator connector to accommodate the mechanical temp-sensor. I drilled a new hole for the factory sensor and built up the thin areas with good-ol JB-Weld. The factory hole for the sensor fit my gauge except it was a little longer so I had to file the inside of the hole to prevent the pickup from touching the casing. Been in there 15000k with no problems, so should be OK.

Oh ya... and my air tank underneath :)

Gauges in LHD BBJ74 conversion

Very tight fit, but I am happy with the result

Not finished, well just started actually, wanted a cleaner look for my truck.
As the never ending list of things to do slowly decreases on the non-project, project truck I wanted some good gauges and not a lot of room wasted, as well as something closer to engine monitoring. So I went with Auber gauges, their brand new dual gauge setup.
Found a very nice pod fromAuto Meter ($70) online, and just needed to modify it a bit with a custom face plate:

ForumRunner_20140210_072804.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_072854.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_072928.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_073012.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_073041.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_073141.jpg

Added Auber's warning, led/buzzer to each gauge, and an on/off switch for the buzzer. Some paint, wiring and assembly and it's done. I'll likely mount it in a week or 3.

ForumRunner_20140210_072804.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_072854.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_072928.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_073012.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_073041.jpg

ForumRunner_20140210_073141.jpg

I think I'll be using those auber dual gauges when I get around to doing my install as well, looks good!

Those auber gauges are a good find, especially if they do EGT temp and boost on one gauge for around $80, I'm guessing your going to use it for EGT's, boost, oil psi and coolant? The only thing It seems to be lacking is display of what units, I suppose you will probably make some labels up.

Just looking at this four channel type K temp unit on ebay, about $40 but only displays one at a time, though i could check egt's intake temp pre/post IC, and coolant temp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-DC-...518?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3a8398d14e

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom