For Sale Turbocharger for 3b (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The origional one did in this thread. Reciently I've made an adaptor to fit the same wrx turbo to the 13bt exhaust manifold which doesn't require a stabilizing bracket. The oil feed line isn't shown in the pic but otherwise the components are essentially the same.

image.jpeg

Gerg, do you know of any installations on RH drive vehicles? Any clearance issues with the clutch booster/master cylinder?

That's a very good question. Do some measurements of the booster and stuff and I'll see where the downpipe sits. if there is a conflict I can move it over to make it work. Please do your measurements off of the engine. Like the top rear exhaust stud or something like that.

That's a very good question. Do some measurements of the booster and stuff and I'll see where the downpipe sits. if there is a conflict I can move it over to make it work. Please do your measurements off of the engine. Like the top rear exhaust stud or something like that.
I will try and make some measurements later this week.

I put a t into the line going to your wastegate. It's where I've always put them. Some guys do intake plenum pressure but then I dont know how hard the turbos working.
g

Interesting. Mine is to my intake manifold, but sounds like I should move it to my waste gate. I was measuring at the intake as then I knew how much air was getting into my motor (and what the computer boost sensor was seeing). But I like the idea of knowing how hard the turbo is working; never thought of it that way. I'm running 19psi at the intake manifold after air/water intercooler (on stock CT20A). Wonder what that will be at the turbo? :eek:

Anyhow, nice work on the turbo kits Greg! I'm glad you are able to help out 3B owners this way. And for those reading this, I can also attest to Greg being an honest and reliable guy!

Do you build any turbo kits for 2H? I need three kits of you do depending on price. PM me for $ if you want shipped to Dallas, TX.

2h kits or..... I really like the 2h but I am extremely hesitant to build a turbo for an engine that I know will have a detrimental affect on it. I'm not trying to stimulate 2h ringland discussion but they have trouble by them selves, let alone with turbos.

That being said I have never built one for a 2h and it would take me a lot of time to trouble shoot and sort out the bugs to bring it to a level I think it would be trouble free. If I did one it would be hasty, incomplete and would require signifigant effort on the owner to complete building it as I can only envision so many problems and solve them without a complete truck in front of me. I have a 2h exhaust manifold strangely. Mostly because I just can't help myself. I also have pieced together most of a 1hz as I just like building turbos it seems. I mean who doesn't?

If ever build one I'd probably require a declaration from the owner to tune it to Max egts of 1000f pre turbo and to never exceed 10lbs of boost. I don't know if that would be enough to keep the piston strong to live for a while but it could never be for high power. I just don't want any part of that for that engine unless you put Alfin pistons in. I don't want to build something that's fun for a shot time and destroys your engine.

Sorry for the rant but I'm not good at short answers.

2h kits or..... I really like the 2h but I am extremely hesitant to build a turbo for an engine that I know will have a detrimental affect on it. I'm not trying to stimulate 2h ringland discussion but they have trouble by them selves, let alone with turbos.

That being said I have never built one for a 2h and it would take me a lot of time to trouble shoot and sort out the bugs to bring it to a level I think it would be trouble free. If I did one it would be hasty, incomplete and would require signifigant effort on the owner to complete building it as I can only envision so many problems and solve them without a complete truck in front of me. I have a 2h exhaust manifold strangely. Mostly because I just can't help myself. I also have pieced together most of a 1hz as I just like building turbos it seems. I mean who doesn't?

If ever build one I'd probably require a declaration from the owner to tune it to Max egts of 1000f pre turbo and to never exceed 10lbs of boost. I don't know if that would be enough to keep the piston strong to live for a while but it could never be for high power. I just don't want any part of that for that engine unless you put Alfin pistons in. I don't want to build something that's fun for a shot time and destroys your engine.

Sorry for the rant but I'm not good at short answers.

HI Im a new member an this is my first question . Will your turbo kit work on a regular B Diesel engine 2977cc . Im finishing my engine rebuilding and IM hoping to install a turbo thanks

IMG_4479.JPG

Hey, I'm currently on the beach and will have patchy internet connection once every few days. No cell service either. I'm home near the end of Aug. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom