Post up what you pedal (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been awhile ... for a new post from me ... or posts in general... but... here are our summer bikes

Picked up a few new to us 3 speeds ... more like given to us since we are know to like old stuff

Red is my bike a early 70’s sears sold bike
C2DB15D0-3E91-456D-BBEF-68827842D710.jpeg

This is my wife’s Phillips that I posted WAY earlier that is now at our camp
2B0AE427-9E44-4215-A0F6-4BFE0E4CE826.jpeg

This is a Robin Hood that was given to me ... great shape with a Schwinn kickstand added by PO

2644E6CD-E05A-4260-BA4D-B21E339F90B7.jpeg

This Schwinn Breeze is also early 70’s give by a neighbor at our camp all original with basket added
CBC23227-C238-475A-A041-0823A4E70AD2.jpeg

This also was given to us Schwinn that I converted into a single speed as all the components were frozen and damaged from being left outside in Maine weather for years... had to get it on the road ... it was a dear friends who had recent cancer and passed away just two months ago ... she was such a wonderful person
97B2CCAC-A7D1-4F05-B2C7-4B880AA41A29.jpeg

And here is our parking lot of bikes

Lol

Those bikes from above post as well as a few next bikes (3) that were dumpster bikes retrieved and renewed for my kids to use while at camp and a bmx that was a hand me over from his friend

All together combined we might have $20-$30 total in parts to get all these running well over the years ... we are cheap :meh:
399E1AB1-C976-45BB-9851-3DADBD42B579.jpeg

Last edited:
And here is our parking lot of bikes

Lol

Those bikes from above post as well as a few next bikes (3) that were dumpster bikes retrieved and renewed for my kids to use while at camp and a bmx that was a hand me over from his friend

All together combined we might have $20-$30 total in parts to get all these running well over the years ... we are cheap :meh:
View attachment 3105009
I gave my a daughter a 1970 Schwinn Collegiate that she rides around in.
Cool bikes!

Stoked on my first bike build soon.

This is a Squid Bikes “FOJ”… “f***-off Johnny”.

Gift from the owner. She’s going to design and paint it, and then we’ll build it with some good components under advisement from my LC/Bike world friends.

View attachment 3095141

View attachment 3095143
Kickazz looking hardtail - frankly at our age, it’s the real-real most rides.
Love the neck gussets & those welds are like stacked dimes.

Hope you Shimano it, I rode a ton of S-ram & wanted to like it, but Shim XT or better always rocks the house.

Killer hardtail, the geometry looks aggressive AF.

kind of have to agree with linus. just bought a canyon neuron for my wife and a spectral for myself. i wanted a little more suspension so compromised drivetrain a little. her xt does feel cleaner on the shifts than my sram gx. i have a few bikes with sram and have always liked it but then tried the shimano and was kind of surprised that even i could feel the difference. i love riding but am not an expert by any means and even i could feel the difference. i’ll likely be replacing parts in the future on my bikes with shimano stuff…but only when it needs replacing. the sram stuff is still pretty good but maybe not quite as good!

I’ve tried to like sram drivetrain. Had X01, XX1, recently X01 AXIS. Switched my daughters race bike from GX and my sons from X01 to a mix of SLX/XT. Been doing SLX derailleur chain, and crank XT cassette and shifter.

I switched mine from AXIs to XT derailleur, shifter, kept the X01 cassette and chain.

I’ve tried to like sram drivetrain. Had X01, XX1, recently X01 AXIS. Switched my daughters race bike from GX and my sons from X01 to a mix of SLX/XT. Been doing SLX derailleur chain, and crank XT cassette and shifter.

I switched mine from AXIs to XT derailleur, shifter, kept the X01 cassette and chain.

One thing I was smart enough not to fool with was brakes.

Shimano Saints are just perfect, esp the way I like to lock the RR & kick the tail in tight corners.
- I think Zees are the same, but I never have had a set.

The newer design Shimano cassette makes you need a hub specific for them, I’m going to try a Shim XTR shift & derailer on my Sram cassette - I run Onyx & King hubs & it’s too much $$ to swap all of it out.

kind of have to agree with linus. just bought a canyon neuron for my wife and a spectral for myself. i wanted a little more suspension so compromised drivetrain a little. her xt does feel cleaner on the shifts than my sram gx. i have a few bikes with sram and have always liked it but then tried the shimano and was kind of surprised that even i could feel the difference. i love riding but am not an expert by any means and even i could feel the difference. i’ll likely be replacing parts in the future on my bikes with shimano stuff…but only when it needs replacing. the sram stuff is still pretty good but maybe not quite as good!

Shimano is the way to go on drivetrain. Double downshift alone is worth it.

Dude, agreed. I switched from XT to Sram XX1 for like 2 years because i wanted the gold drivetrain to match my bikes aesthetic, but i ended up getting tired of wishing it shifted as good as the shimano stuff. Bike looked awesome though haha.

wGZPrr1h.jpg

One thing I was smart enough not to fool with was brakes.

Shimano Saints are just perfect, esp the way I like to lock the RR & kick the tail in tight corners.
- I think Zees are the same, but I never have had a set.

The newer design Shimano cassette makes you need a hub specific for them, I’m going to try a Shim XTR shift & derailer on my Sram cassette - I run Onyx & King hubs & it’s too much $$ to swap all of it out.

I run a mixed shigura setup that blows my old saints out of the water, but if you are looking for am amazing out of the box brake, the Hayes Dominion A4s are sooooooo good

Stoked to find this thread! I've loved bikes my whole life. As I approach 50, I decided to build a bike that captures the pure essence of the ride, and by coincidence a friend of a friend was getting into handbuilding frames, so I had him measure me up for a custom titanium single speed. While he built the frame, I spec'ed the bike piece by piece, trying to find cool and unique parts that are classic yet functional. I've been riding this bike for 4 years now, and it's still as dreamy as the day I bought it.

This me (blue shirt) taking delivery from Dale, the builder (who also happens to drive a 13B-T swapped 60 series).

bike2.jpg

A quick parts rundown:

- White Industries hubs, crankset, bottom bracket, pedals, headset
- Nitto fillet brazed stem and ultralight drop bar
- Paul Component brake lever, Brick Lane Bikes caliper
- Wound Up carbon fork
- H+ Son rims in high polish
- MASH SF San Marco Zoncolan saddle

I have a couple of other more practical bikes, too, including a Bridgestone MB-5 and a '95 Rocky Mountain Blizzard. But they're not as fun to talk about.

Stoked to find this thread! I've loved bikes my whole life. As I approach 50, I decided to build a bike that captures the pure essence of the ride, and by coincidence a friend of a friend was getting into handbuilding frames, so I had him measure me up for a custom titanium single speed. While he built the frame, I spec'ed the bike piece by piece, trying to find cool and unique parts that are classic yet functional. I've been riding this bike for 4 years now, and it's still as dreamy as the day I bought it.

This me (blue shirt) taking delivery from Dale, the builder (who also happens to drive a 13B-T swapped 60 series).

View attachment 3109591

A quick parts rundown:

- White Industries hubs, crankset, bottom bracket, pedals, headset
- Nitto fillet brazed stem and ultralight drop bar
- Paul Component brake lever, Brick Lane Bikes caliper
- Wound Up carbon fork
- H+ Son rims in high polish
- MASH SF San Marco Zoncolan saddle

I have a couple of other more practical bikes, too, including a Bridgestone MB-5 and a '95 Rocky Mountain Blizzard. But they're not as fun to talk about.
Beautiful bike! I have a couple Moots (with another that should ship any day now), and a bunch of high end carbon from Trek, but my most interesting and the one that generates the most comments is my Calfee Bamboo. Just a fun bike to ride, given the totally different feel and love the constant questions - is that really wood? To which I respond: No, its actually grass :rofl:

IMG_3892.jpeg

First time riding a real trail since November of last year at my last enduro race. Lost about a years worth of jumping skill, rock chunk descent speed, and overall confidence but was great to get back out on the bike outside of the sidewalk style trails here in town.

The term “it’s just like riding a bike” is definitely not true

93434A01-960E-4B05-8819-F6CF9582A325.jpeg

450BCBFC-69CD-48DA-91B7-F0DA7F6D4E90.jpeg

C9BD897B-E794-47F5-8D29-6CFB4B91F724.jpeg

I've got a Zurich, mine's silver and blue, 3X10. Don't ride it much as I've got a disc brake, steel gravel bike now that's way more comfortable. But when I do ride it, I like it. Steel is real.

Which gravel bike do you have? The Zurich will replace the 2012 carbon Specialized Roubaix (which I never really liked)
I've got a Zurich, mine's silver and blue, 3X10. Don't ride it much as I've got a disc brake, steel gravel bike now that's way more comfortable. But when I do ride it, I like

Steel is real. Only photo I have handy of my road bike. I don’t ride it that often as I enjoy the MTB more. On my rollers with a fork stand as I’m recovering from ACL surgery.

1998 Colnago Tecnos, Record Carbon 10sp (1st Gen)

023A46ED-6540-44E8-901B-9B2DB7AAD318.jpeg

Which gravel bike do you have? The Zurich will replace the 2012 carbon Specialized Roubaix (which I never really liked)
I found a Transition gravel bike on Craigslist a few years ago. Scored it for $400. Had it powder coated as it had a bad bomb-can paint job. Have since changed out the road cassette and derailleur for more climbing-friendly gearing, still 2x though.
20200404_142420.jpg
Found a photo of my Lemond from a road trip I took to San Diego last year. Brought it along as I didn't want to have a bike rack on the truck while 'urban camping' and it took up the least amount of space inside the troopy.
IMG_20210905_095100840.jpg

Part of my n+1 stable...'72 vintage Gitane TdF (with original 2x5 Suntour drivetrain):
Gitane.jpg

Steel is real. Only photo I have handy of my road bike. I don’t ride it that often as I enjoy the MTB more. On my rollers with a fork stand as I’m recovering from ACL surgery.

1998 Colnago Tecnos, Record Carbon 10sp (1st Gen)

View attachment 3123400
Hope yer healing well brother, ACL reconstruction is a bytch to come from as I only know 2nd-hand.

I don’t wish it on my ex-wife.

Most days :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom