Builds Patch's Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The aisin markings (actually Mitsubishi) had worn off my belt. Perhaps because of all the abrasive dust which intruded...

Thanks for the compliment! It was a blast to make that movie and be part of that trip.
I thought maybe the dust and grit may have worn the print off.

FYI-The OEM Toyota belt is made by Mitsuboshi- defined by a logo with 3 stars grouped in a triangle

No pictures, but i did match the length with a nail in a table and the old belt was shorter by a hair. Inconceivable!

I replaced mouse door with gasket but it sounds like I need to find gasket material for the other covers or buy new ones
Old belt being shorter, is inconceivable. Add in dirt ground in belt's teeth and sprockets. I suppose could cause the issue you found of to tight.

Did you notice anything during last T-belt service, when you put in that "now short" belt?

Old belt being shorter, is inconceivable. Add in dirt ground in belt's teeth and sprockets. I suppose could cause the issue you found of to tight.

Did you notice anything during last T-belt service, when you put in that "now short" belt?
I noticed that the idler pulley had exploded which is why I replaced the belt in 2021. It bolted together perfectly back then with no issues.

It's very strange.

Also, as for the timing covers, there is no rubber on them whatsoever. My truck came from Arizona and many of the plastics and rubbers were gone/destroyed by heat.

I’ve had many questions about my radio mount so here are some photos.

I cut a hole with a dremel and wired it up. Fits very well.

Interestingly, I do get a very very slight rev noise when others transmit to me (sits right above transmission).

B96C6816-E51D-475B-A296-064D618F8102.jpeg

BFB05551-95F6-4573-B21A-CF383509C95C.jpeg

8CE8D6E9-5320-4E88-8F78-75D8C242D9EA.jpeg

Today I released my installation video for Tim Nakari's Essential Expo rack from Gamiviti. I told Tim that it is the highest quality piece of equipment on my truck now.
https://www.gamiviti.com
If you need a roof rack for your 100 Series or for another SUV/Toyota/Lexus you should head on over to his website.
He also sells awnings, awning brackets, accessories, rotopax, rotomounts, cross bars, cases, and so many other useful accessories for your build.
Most of all, Tim supports local businesses by employing the services of other enthusiasts and folks just like us. He's an essential member of the community catering to Land Cruiser owners around the world.
https://youtu.be/C9v8F1m5pqY
His rack is by far and away the best that money can buy. So much customization, such great quality, and impeccable customer service. Be sure to check it out!

Today I released my installation video for Tim Nakari's Essential Expo rack from Gamiviti. I told Tim that it is the highest quality piece of equipment on my truck now.
https://www.gamiviti.com
If you need a roof rack for your 100 Series or for another SUV/Toyota/Lexus you should head on over to his website.
He also sells awnings, awning brackets, accessories, rotopax, rotomounts, cross bars, cases, and so many other useful accessories for your build.
Most of all, Tim supports local businesses by employing the services of other enthusiasts and folks just like us. He's an essential member of the community catering to Land Cruiser owners around the world.
https://youtu.be/C9v8F1m5pqY
His rack is by far and away the best that money can buy. So much customization, such great quality, and impeccable customer service. Be sure to check it out!
Sweet video. Like the music you added. That's pretty fancy. Butt, not as fancy as that SWEET Patch faring! That is just too cool. I love it! I would almost consider it if I could have a Yeezus face or sunglasses on one. Haha. As a slick top owner, I have to know does it howl in the wind running down 400 (Alpharetta Autobahn) at 90 mph? That's always something that made me crazy about the OEM rack. The constant sheet metal flapping in the breeze from rack crossbars. I think my Sequoia was worse than LX but I am guessing that's likely due to length. Keep up the cool stuff Patch!

Sweet video. Like the music you added. That's pretty fancy. Butt, not as fancy as that SWEET Patch faring! That is just too cool. I love it! I would almost consider it if I could have a Yeezus face or sunglasses on one. Haha. As a slick top owner, I have to know does it howl in the wind running down 400 (Alpharetta Autobahn) at 90 mph? That's always something that made me crazy about the OEM rack. The constant sheet metal flapping in the breeze from rack crossbars. I think my Sequoia was worse than LX but I am guessing that's likely due to length. Keep up the cool stuff Patch!
Thanks for the kind words!

The wind noise is actually not nearly as bad with the fairing. Without it's pretty rough. It's definitely there but it's not loud. Especially in the Cush Lexus.

I too am a huge fan of the 'Patch' logo on there. I need to start selling those stickers to people...

The rack receivers rattle like a damn freight train though. Super frustrating.

Better start a Patch fan club so all the folks can line up in one place for their stickers! Good to know about the receivers. That's unfortunate.

Waddyamean "start"? That ship has sailed, my friend. I'm on the list.

When I make it big maybe the tables will turn and I’ll finally get to practice my recovery skills on you guys instead of the other way ‘round 😂

Or maybe when i figure out how to drive 😬

Finished wiring up some lights from Tim Nakari (Gamiviti).

I bought some amber/white combo lights and a harness from him for use as chase lights and additional reverse lights.

Out in Utah, I almost crashed into Matt Bowling's truck because of the low visibility on White Rim trail. The dust was insanely thick so I decided to purchase some selectable chase lights to increase visibility of my truck from the back.

I mounted them on my Gamiviti Essential Expo rack in an underslung configuration so as to maintain full functionality of the roof rack (nothing on top of the cross bars).

The white lights are tapped into my reverse light circuit to increase visibility of my truck automatically when reversing (I do not have a back-up camera installed). They also add a lot of light that is otherwise unavailable due to the rear bumper blocking the factory reverse lights in the tailgate.

Photos:

tempImageYxaZu5.png

tempImagec7Li2q.png

Last edited:
I wired the reverse lights to the circuit in my 1999 LX470 below the kick panel on the floor by the driver's foot. (see this thread)

The color of these wires seems to be different per vehicle but the wire I located was red with a black stripe and blueish-silver dots along it.

tempImageY9YbfH.png

I used an old fog light switch that I had discarded from my ironman bumper. It fit the OEM blank spot above my locker switch perfectly. I wish the backlight was green but beggars can't be choosers.

I used the backlight source from the AHC switch that's tied into the headlights. Works perfectly.

not sure wtf is up with the orientation of these photos but I can't be bothered to figure it out...

tempImageNLkZSf.png

tempImageeOFscq.png

tempImage6BBBk4.png

tempImagexmxklm.png

tempImagewjLNhw.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom