Part Seldom Seen (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another piece for the "seldom seen" thread:
Bezel 1.jpg

bezel 2.jpg

Just went through this thread— love it and love the yearning for provenance and knowledge on our beloveds 40s

How about this piece I ordered not too long ago, the radiator shim. I never knew it was there and I didn't figured this would be available when I ordered it.

IMG_4128.jpg

I remember seeing this type of material/shim when I removed the original body mounting brackets/assembly.

Note, this could also be one of those times; "Man, am I the last one to know about these things?"

Thanks for the timely post! I was just finishing a parts order for my '71 FJ40 build, focusing on rubber items like gaskets and weatherstripping. I'm heading down to Albuquerque tomorrow with a stop at American Toyota. I might as well add body mounts and running board mounts now that you've got me thinking about it.

Believe or not I purchased a new '78 intake and exhaust manifold set-up at the same as the carb. Realizing I was going to run headers I returned that chunk to the dealership and used the cash for some new 79 & up knuckles, steering arms, & bearing caps. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom