FJ40GURU

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

FJ40GURU

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Martyt

SILVER Star
Just went through this thread— love it and love the yearning for provenance and knowledge on our beloveds 40s

GA Architect

SILVER Star
How about this piece I ordered not too long ago, the radiator shim. I never knew it was there and I didn't figured this would be available when I ordered it.

IMG_4128.jpg

I remember seeing this type of material/shim when I removed the original body mounting brackets/assembly.

Note, this could also be one of those times; "Man, am I the last one to know about these things?"

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Thanks for the timely post! I was just finishing a parts order for my '71 FJ40 build, focusing on rubber items like gaskets and weatherstripping. I'm heading down to Albuquerque tomorrow with a stop at American Toyota. I might as well add body mounts and running board mounts now that you've got me thinking about it.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
SILVER Star

All you 40 guys with parts you seldom see... take a look over at the 25 section... parts they seldom see are everything but the tub

There is usually more missing then there is there :meh:

numby

Believe or not I purchased a new '78 intake and exhaust manifold set-up at the same as the carb. Realizing I was going to run headers I returned that chunk to the dealership and used the cash for some new 79 & up knuckles, steering arms, & bearing caps. Oh well.

FJ40GURU

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Wes

SILVER Star
Top Bottom