Builds Saved from Part Out - 1983 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Update:
I changed the title. I initially bought this to part out, but after getting it running and driving it around, I’ve changed plans and have started to repair it. I don’t have long term plans to keep it, so if someone is looking for a project, I’ll gladly pass it along. In the mean time - cleaning, sourcing parts and bringing it back to life.

Original Post:

This 1983 was posted for sale locally. Ad said it wasn't running and needed lots of work:

full

full

full

Messed around, now it runs pretty well. Trans works, transfer works, brake and clutch hydraulics work.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Fj ACS,

If you decide to part out I call bibs on the fallowing:
1) out side D pillars vents
2) headlight washer bottle/reservoir
3) driver's side door handle

Thanks Jason

It wasn’t my intention to turn this into a semi-classified post with people requesting stuff...

That said, the washer tank is cracked, and it plus the nozzles and hose have all been deleted from the rig. The front valence is welded up.

I really dig the white gauge surround.
Maybe just hang onto it for a bit and mull it over. No sense ditching it right away.

That is a fully savable rig. Would truly be a shame to put it down. Parts like body pieces can be found.
It's actually rare to find one fully original. Cover it up for winter, think it over. Start planning....
Cause one Cruiser is never enough

Keeping this one going is all I need...

That is a really nice truck! Since you got that old one running, wait until spring and get it cleaned up and
list it in classifieds. Let someone from here have a shot at reviving it. You'll make some money and
someone gets a good start to a project.

Last edited:
If you were to part it out, i'd take the door panels, front, rear, and cargo area. Let me know. Good luck with your decision. Even though i want your door panels, i second the post that stated one cruiser is never enough

If you were to part it out, i'd take the door panels, front, rear, and cargo area. Let me know.

Keep looking. The front panels have been cut for speakers, and the cargo panels are fastened with screws.

Looks like a good project or a trail rig. I wouldn’t part it out yet. You could even stick a few more bucks into it and flip it. Either way, save it. She has a lot of miles in front of her still.

Oh - the F word.

Delete

Last edited:
Of course you did. It's not sickness, it's the love of a great machine.

If you have a decent indoor spot to park it just hang onto it for parts. It probably won’t go down in value.

I have 3 FJ60.

I wouldn't part it out someone that doesn't have a 60 will buy it or maybe they are gluten for punishment and want a 2nd or 3rd lol

Fj ACS,

Thanks Jason

I have those available if you need them. Pm me

Fj ACS,

Thanks Jason

USPlastics has good inexpensive washer bottles that wont be stock but will work. There is a thread on mud about it: Windshield Washer Systems | U.S. Plastic Corp. (link to bottles)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom