******Parkway Ride Oct. 19-22 2017****** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nexgencontractors.com
Hey everyone wanted to get this thread started so everyone knows the dates. Added the 19th a day earlier than normal because kids don't have school Thursday or Friday so figured some of us might want to hang out an extra day up there. More details to come.

In

BRP? are you publishing the route?
Definitely maybe for at least part. I think we have school thurs and fri.

Yes I will be providing more details soon.

We will all be there

It's our same spot we do every year. We don't say the name because it only causes more pressure on the area and considering UC are the stewards well.....

In a maybe. When is the year end meeting?

Not going to be able to make it. Baby is due on the 24th.

Whoo hoo

So the current plan is we meet at Trollholes shop and leave by 11am Thursday 10/19 and head to Sierra Nevada for lunch around 12:30-1:00. We will hang there for a couple hours then leave around 3:00 and be at the trail head to (you know where and if you don't...then PM me and I will let you know) around 4:00. Planning to set up camp around 5:00.

Friday will be a day for relaxing and hiking. I will be leading a group from the camp on a half day or full day hike still to be determined so bring a small daypack for water and snacks/lunch.

Saturday we will make our normal trip out to the Pisgah Inn for lunch and back to camp.

Sunday morning break down camp and head home.

Meals: We will have the club grill so you won't need to bring yours if you don't want to.

Breakfast and lunch everyone will be on their own.
Dinner:
Thursday bring your own or something to share that's up to you.

Friday bring a dish to pass. I would like to propose we do a theme each year of a different country. Each person brings a dish from that countries culture. Suggestions?

Saturday leftover night. Everyone always seems to bring more than we need so let's plan to bring an extra serving of something to throw on the grill or a side like brats, dogs, burgers, etc. Bring yours plus one extra for sharing or for people who don't cook like @forrest5000 .

Sorry gang, I am out. In Hartwell only today, need to be back in CLT tonight. With American Adventurist Appalachian Rendezvous next weekend I am a little swamped.

Steve , you bringing teepee? If so I'll bring the big heater I have.

For those that are newbies to this trip you will be cold weather camping. No matter what the weather is like in greenville!

For those that are newbies to this trip you will be cold weather camping. No matter what the weather is like in greenville!
Yup, ignore any forecast you find. Pack for cold with possible wind and precipitation.

Steve , you bringing teepee? If so I'll bring the big heater I have.
Yes it's coming. I am picking it up today from having some reinforcements done to the bindings so it can withstand hurricane Irma

Good advice from the guy who got frostbite one year. It's extremem camping. Well worth it and it might be nice or it might not be so nice. It's all about the experience. Some people love it because of the unknown and some hate it. I love it.

Very true I remember the year we brought the kids and they didn't pack jackets. Thankful for UC family helping us in that situation. Our 80 was rocking like the van down by the river from the wind that night.
Will keep an eye on this thread and my schedule to see if it's an option this year. We need to do more UC stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom