******Parkway Ride Oct. 19-22 2017****** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been trying to figure out how to at least stop by or meet up with you guys at the Inn. I am heading up our Men's Group at church and we are hiking a section of the Foothills Trail tomorrow morning and it doesn't appear that we will be back until after 2:00...
This is a trip I definitely need to make next year. Have fun and safe travels to those that make it up there.

Wonder how many of them are second guessing their decision to camp right now lol.

Wonder how many of them are second guessing their decision to camp right now lol.
Im second guessing my decision to not camp. Hope everyone is having a good time.

You all missed the best trip yet! you couldn't have asked for better weather. No wind!

IMG_2186.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2199.JPG

Most of mine are panoramic pics will not let me load.

IMG_2201.JPG
IMG_2195.JPG
You
IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG
IMG_2202.JPG

How was the traffic hiker wise?

Great time. Good weather. I made it in and out without any scratches on my wife’s 80.

Great time. Good weather. I made it in and out without any scratches on my wife’s 80.
Well ,what about body damage? That is a different story.

Had a great trip this year thanks to everyone who made it out. Good food, conversation and wheeling as well as doing some trail maintenance and helping an injured hiker get out of the woods. Can't wait until next year!

Will have to say of the 10 years going to this place this year was the best. No wind Thursday or Friday. Just sunny and warm enough where a long sleeve shirt was perfect. Never really got cold at night until Saturday night and even then it was fine. Wind did pick up Saturday afternoon and into the night but was only maybe 20mph. By morning it had died down somewhat. Saturdays drive down the parkway to meet everyone at the Pisgah Inn for lunch was nice. We basically had a 20 min wait for them to seat all 20 of us. Getting out Sunday was a cakewalk since the clouds showed up that morning and the trail wasn't busy as we didn't leave camp till 11 or so. We picked up trash all the way back out the trail. Amazed at what people will just chunk in the woods.

The tepee Steve had really made the nights awesome. We could hang out around the wood burning stove and cook and eat or walk outside and enjoy the stars. Thursday and Friday were really clear and we caught quite a few shooting stars from the Oriond Meteor shower. Very few hikers were rude this time. We even carried a few hikers out when one became injured near camp. Everyone was very friendly. I made sure to be as nice as possible and the people I met coming through camp were very nice once you told them if they needed anything to come see us. Watching the boy scout group get lost was priceless.

I brought my youngest daughter Jocassee on this trip in the new old LX450 (the Troll Patrol). I think we had one of the best trips together. As usual Blue was in heaven the whole trip. He loved rolling in the grass and meeting hikers in camp.
5BD32BD4-DD39-4C30-B68D-5C8A0872124C.jpeg
7126B4B6-3753-4F5D-983D-5B9027CED7FF.jpeg
D1FD394B-5E96-4261-9F72-7DE5748917EF.jpeg
23DC089D-693B-4FF0-B52D-EEDFE8935C58.jpeg
5A80B5F4-25C9-4476-BD09-F064C886E760.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom