P Rated 34s on 20s (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AnyMal

no quema cuh
Threads
Blacking out on Sunday.

Last edited:
Where you been?

Been real busy with new business brother. 2024 trying to do things.

I see you’re here so I know you was holdin it dine for me!

I’m coming back tho to represent for never off road gang.

Actually might just leave immediately the front page of tech is still just nothing but tech support…

Sigh. Any actually interesting threads I missed you can point me to @tbisaacs ?

37s are the new 35s

Been real busy with new business brother. 2024 trying to do things.

I see you’re here so I know you was holdin it dine for me!
What kind of business??

Also, are you still on the fence about your LX?

What kind of business??

Also, are you still on the fence about your LX?
Dm-ing.

No, but I am going to change my sig here to “Can’t afford G63 4x4²” 😎

I hit 80k, truck is in best shape ever. Only thing missing is the oem subtank. Found a $200 CarPlay kit, same black box as everyone else makes that’s going in and I’m pretty much done.

Still no ECU tune according to prospeed, they “may” be able to read mine. Otherwise a sc is all I really want for it but I think I’d rather throw that $10k at a new sporty something. Still never bought Tesla im happy to report to you sir haha

Dm-ing.

No, but I am going to change my sig here to “Can’t afford G63 4x4²” 😎
There are currently 34 squares on cars.com. I think almost half of what were brought into the US 😁

Most have <100 miles on them, even the 2022’s.

I’ve driven one, it was comical on road. The thing was massive. That said in a theoretical world (one where my wife wouldn’t have me committed), I’d own one.

There are currently 34 squares on cars.com. I think almost half of what were brought into the US 😁

Most have <100 miles on them, even the 2022’s.

I’ve driven one, it was comical on road. The thing was massive. That said in a theoretical world (one where my wife wouldn’t have me committed), I’d own one.

Hey Cole! Sup?
And yes, the car market sure has turned! I’m still waiting here.

Funniest thing I’ve seen recently online about this and primary reason i regrettably don’t own at least a used G550 at this point is that it’s now the official rich NPC vehicle 😂
Soooo true. The truck is comically played out. One of the reasons I like my LX, is they are actually kind of rare.

Another good one and less demeaning is that the G is the real life blue check mark lol.

Thread title edit

BTW FOLKS, forgot to give a little “tech” talk for yall.

These are shockingly drop in at oem +60 with my Ironman UCAs (which no one should ever do business with). I have 1” bora spacers on hand that I wish were more like .5 to play with. If I don’t like the rub, we can swap them to their 3/4” studded spacer.

One of the only tires on the market that is a P 34”. This or nitro recon that has like zero sipes and weighs more.

Tires are $485 each tho and i said **** it and got all 5 because DT credited me for my methods. Shame the fifth has to sit under the truck but whatever. I’ll try and rotate it in I guess even though that is a pain in the a

Big @TeCKis300 i see you in the chat lobby too haha.

I stole your whole style! Sorry

Still no ECU tune according to prospeed, they “may” be able to read mine. Otherwise a sc is all I really want for it but I think I’d rather throw that $10k at a new sporty something. Still never bought Tesla im happy to report to you sir haha
Am I too redneck to take advice from because I put 17's on my fancy truck? :flipoff2:
IMG_0018.jpeg

Prospeed uses HP tuners who doesn't support '16-'18's. VF tuner does. You just need find a tuner who uses that platform. If you have a Snap-On OBD tool or Techstream you can pull the ECU calibration ID to confirm 100%.

1711033784118.jpeg
G63's variants are cool. You will spend 10k in brakes and tires in 2 years time. Here is my ex's GLE63S in high mode.

Am I too redneck to take advice from because I put 17's on my fancy truck? :flipoff2:
View attachment 3587617
Prospeed uses HP tuners who doesn't support '16-'18's. VF tuner does. You just need find a tuner who uses that platform. If you have a Snap-On OBD tool or Techstream you can pull the ECU calibration ID to confirm 100%.

View attachment 3587621G63's variants are cool. You will spend 10k in brakes and tires in 2 years time. Here is my ex's GLE63S in high mode.

lol no you are a fool only bc you won’t swap all your black accents for my silver ones 😭

I did just get out of my 17s though. They are just too smol for me.

I actually went and looked right after Cole mentioned the listing. I can get into a G for wayyyy cheaper than the last time I looked!
Even the squared trucks are like mid 100s? What happened? Maybe that fabled recession is here.

To be honest I would buy one now if my IQ wasn’t so high. I would only lease a modern Benz. They are like the absolute bottom barrel brand today.

Big @TeCKis300 i see you in the chat lobby too haha.

I stole your whole style! Sorry

Yo! Welcome back and hope all's been well. Steal it, riff on it, and make it your own. Just make sure we get pictures back :cool:

Yo! Welcome back and hope all's been well. Steal it, riff on it, and make it your own. Just make sure we get pictures back :cool:

All good actually for once hahaha.

Did you ever calculate out the exact offset table for us?
I believe I need to be at +45 now but due to lift narrowing, I think +40 would be ideal.

I’m heavily leaning to go for the 3/4” instead of my 1s that are in hand.

All good actually for once hahaha.

Did you ever calculate out the exact offset table for us?
I believe I need to be at +45 now but due to lift narrowing, I think +40 would be ideal.

I’m heavily leaning to go for the 3/4” instead of my 1s that are in hand.

I haven't.

First level approximation:
  • Stock is 60mm for a 31.2" tire
  • +50 for a 32.7" tire (a la rock warrior)
  • +48mm for a 33" tire
  • +40mm for a 34" tire
  • +32mm for a 35" tire
There's some refinement that can be done as 2016+ are +58 factory offsets with the updated knuckle. Alignment and lift can also change optimal offset, but perhaps that's in the noise.

I will say as these rigs are getting to higher mileage, we're starting to see more steering rack leaks and failures. Yes, owners use their cars hard. But offset plays into this too as deviating too far from nominal offsets is putting more force/load/wear/tear into the steering rack and TREs. The commonly used +25 is not great when seeing what these neutral offsets should be, that would concentrate loads on the kingpin, rather putting more loads into the steering system.

I haven't.

First level approximation:
  • Stock is 60mm for a 31.2" tire
  • +50 for a 32.7" tire (a la rock warrior)
  • +48mm for a 33" tire
  • +40mm for a 34" tire
  • +32mm for a 35" tire
There's some refinement that can be done as 2016+ are +58 factory offsets with the updated knuckle. Alignment and lift can also change optimal offset, but perhaps that's in the noise.

I will say as these rigs are getting to higher mileage, we're starting to see more steering rack leaks and failures. Yes, owners use their cars hard. But offset plays into this too as deviating too far from nominal offsets is putting more force/load/wear/tear into the steering rack and TREs. The commonly used +25 is not great when seeing what these neutral offsets should be, that would concentrate loads on the kingpin, rather putting more loads into the steering system.

Yeah I think the +40 is the way to go and I may just achieve that but barely.

The beauty of bigger tires is it can be nearly flush at the correct offset.

Also, remember one more data point the 2016+ 21s are +56 for a 275/50R21.
But that wheel belongs in the rubbish bin.

I will say between +25, +35 (same tire size 33) and now +60. The +35 is best driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom