Overland RV Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A Ural motorcycle is kinda like the upside down world version of an FJ40: A copy of a military vehicle, only crappier.

Russia basically stole a few BMW R61 and R71 bikes around WWII and reverse engineered the URAL.

Then when people wanted cool retro bikes, they made a showing in the '90s with a US distro.

Rokon Trailbreaker is another cool 2WD bike that is probably crap to drive, but looks awesome. You can get a sidecar for it, and a PTO powered water pump. Hell, you can even get a plow. Off road only bike though.

Rokon & Sidecar from "The 12 dogs of Christmas"

For sale, $18K

perfect

Spotted this at the local grocery store. I can see you and Heather in it perfectly.

5F3A0E78-6972-4B80-82B9-294D48FD2BEB.jpeg

That guy has a well thought out van. Id drive that

Yeaaaah…. not wild about dunking my head in the shower pan next to the toilet to wash my hair.

Couple things:

1. @Cirbo I don't want a shower in the van - we will use public showers, fitness centers or open up the back. The plan is to have a hose out back for washing stuff (mud on boots, bikes), to include us. We would set up a big shower current between the opened doors if needed in remote locations that can handle water for an outdoor shower.

2. Love using the 8020 vs the channels, but I think he could have gone with the next size smaller. I don't want to give up 4"+ of headroom based on floor/ceiling use of 8020.

3. We have to have SOME kind of toilet in the van - Wife requirement - will likely ONLY be late night no. 1 trips . .hopefully LOL. She is good with the 5 gallon bucket with a seat that will be single use and then stored inside the trasharoo out back.

4. We do NOT want to cook in the van either - we want to boil water for coffee and maybe to reheat some soup, but not a lot more. I'm thinking a small induction stove top in the kitchen module. Love his set up for removable stove. Moving the kitchen by the door is something we have thought a lot about and are undecided. Could have a stove and bbq outside. Love his slide out table and connections under the van.

5. We want to be stealth, so like his work to keep it stealth!!

I agree with the head washing spot. Other than that, it's a great design for their needs.

Besides, have you tried finding a public bathroom in the Monterey and Carmel area?

I agree with the head washing spot. Other than that, it's a great design for their needs.

Besides, have you tried finding a public bathroom in the Monterey and Carmel area?

I don't remember finding bathrooms hard there.

I remember thinking, "wow, they will let anyone into the Pebble Beach restaurant without even having a reservation."

Finding just restrooms in nice areas is easy - you may have to buy a coffee or a beer, but . . . its when you are in the bad part of town when you don't WANT to go to a place : ) imho :)

You mean public showers, though, right?

We haven't done a ton of research, but some folks get national gym memberships and just plan a full shower bath every couple days with a swim/ work out, etc.

Wow! That is perfect.

Edit: Well it could be like $8K and then it would be perfect.

Last edited:
nice :)

Yea . . if it said "HasCandy" I think I would be attracted to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom