Overland RV Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple notes:

The 4x4 Sprinter has had the 3.0 V6 since inception, in 2015.

Orders for 4x4 Sprinters are now on the new 3rd Gen (made outside Charleston SC, btw) 2019 models.

Let the search for a low mileage 2015 to 2018 begin:

Here is what I need - let me know if you come across one:

2015 to 2018 4x4 144" wheel base Crew Van - any color

Amazon has just ordered 20,000.
I saw 2 on a flatbed going down the highway the other day.

Last edited:
Thanks Al - I would definite fly/drive something.

That first one has a lot of stuff done I want to do to include a lot of Adventure Wagon stuff.

But . . . its a $43K van . . with like $7K of value for all that stuff they did to it - not sure how much that wood interior adds, but its not $30K to me.

The third one - people try to get NEW prices out of these. List price on the van I want with EVERY possible option I want is like $56 - not sure how they get to $57K on a 1-year old with 30K miles! :)

They are the only mercedes model outside of a G that hold their value

You may want to check out some of the commercial sites for sale.

truck-categories

But a real nice 2.5 6x6 army truck with flex fuel motor will be coolest.

I love all the suggestions . .fun stuff, but we are pretty set on ONLY the 2015+ 4x4 Mercedes Sprint in 144" wheel base in the Crew Van. :)

You may want to check out some of the commercial sites for sale.

truck-categories

But a real nice 2.5 6x6 army truck with flex fuel motor will be coolest.

Cool site, thanks!

Fun stats from this site:

1000 Sprinters!

65 are 4x4 and 2015 + w/ the 3.0

2 are used, NJ and Chicago - $57K+ no pics

I love all the suggestions . .fun stuff, but we are pretty set on ONLY the 2015+ 4x4 Mercedes Sprint in 144" wheel base in the Crew Van. :)
Stumbled upon this. Top speed is 84mph!?!

That’s pretty sad.

B03D8670-3DBA-4AB2-B9C4-9DC4AE016EB9.png

Where the hell you guys driving that 84mph in a top-heavy, lifted, 4x4 VAN isn't fast enough?? I rarely top 80 in my daily drivers....

It’s not that you’d be using it all day at top speed, but being able to pass or merge on a fast highway is pretty important. I wouldn’t want a vehicle with an 84 mph hard limit.

I'm with Ramon, 84 would be more than fast enough for me. That's probably faster than I'd ever go.

Gotcha. I have a heavy foot. Especially on straight roads with a lot of hours ahead of me.

I mean, officer this old truck couldn’t have been going more than 70 or so, that’s what it says on the dial....

I'd take more engine if I could on that, ya know!

Edit: removed dumb unknown engine reference - no options beyond 3.0 turbo diesel except lower sized.

Last edited:
It’s not that you’d be using it all day at top speed, but being able to pass or merge on a fast highway is pretty important. I wouldn’t want a vehicle with an 84 mph hard limit.
Let me introduce you to a 70 series diesel powered truck ... especially a normally aspirated one :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom