Overland RV Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@weejub

FB_IMG_1557358991189.jpg

OMG LOL

Couple things:

1. @Cirbo I don't want a shower in the van - we will use public showers, fitness centers or open up the back. The plan is to have a hose out back for washing stuff (mud on boots, bikes), to include us. We would set up a big shower current between the opened doors if needed in remote locations that can handle water for an outdoor shower.

2. Love using the 8020 vs the channels, but I think he could have gone with the next size smaller. I don't want to give up 4"+ of headroom based on floor/ceiling use of 8020.

3. We have to have SOME kind of toilet in the van - Wife requirement - will likely ONLY be late night no. 1 trips . .hopefully LOL. She is good with the 5 gallon bucket with a seat that will be single use and then stored inside the trasharoo out back.

4. We do NOT want to cook in the van either - we want to boil water for coffee and maybe to reheat some soup, but not a lot more. I'm thinking a small induction stove top in the kitchen module. Love his set up for removable stove. Moving the kitchen by the door is something we have thought a lot about and are undecided. Could have a stove and bbq outside. Love his slide out table and connections under the van.

5. We want to be stealth, so like his work to keep it stealth!!

Went dispersed camping near Spruce Knob, WV two weekends ago. After three days, it was sooo nice to have a hot shower in the camper. There was no public showers within 45 minutes of our location. Showering outside may have been a "late night" option, but the wife would not have been happy. There was an active trout stream 10 feet off our front bumper.

IMG_0128.jpg

Went dispersed camping near Spruce Knob, WV two weekends ago. After three days, it was sooo nice to have a hot shower in the camper. There was no public showers within 45 minutes of our location.

Nice!

Something like this was what were were thinking - on demand hot water, etc.

hard to get a full bath in the 144" length. if we went with a larger vehicle - easier.

sprinter shower.jpg

Nice!

Something like this was what were were thinking - on demand hot water, etc.

hard to get a full bath in the 144" length. if we went with a larger vehicle - easier.

View attachment 1972948
Please, please, please, do NOT make that camera part of the installation. :grinpimp::hillbilly::moon::flipoff2:

Is that your Earth Cruiser, @Cirbo ? I think the Earth Cruiser shower/toilet combo is THE best idea in RVs, btw - ability to be a "mud room" and a shower and a toilet and also open the door for more space in places were possible.

i agree with Jamie, the mud room design of the earth cruiser doorway was brilliant

A bigger bathroom would be nice, but the EC bathroom/mudroom works quite well. I still can't get the wife to consider taking a "navy shower" though.

The furnace actually has a vent that blows right into the mudroom for shower heat and boot drying too.

Please, please, please, do NOT make that camera part of the installation. :grinpimp::hillbilly::moon::flipoff2:

That is how we plan to pay for our retirement years - nude overlanding.

LOL that is great @SeanLX I will say that it doesn't look very "lived in" you know? I wonder if he just gets drunk every night and just passes out on that couch bed . .or if he JUST bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom