Orange Dot Mod (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Duggy - Have you fixed your dot?

Apologies for reviving a very old thread of this fantastic Orange Dot mod. But just wanted to let anyone interested know, I affixed the dot upside down by mistake, and lo and behold, I got an increase of 6 mpg. And oh, sprinted alongside a McLaren MP4 effortlessly....uphill.

I highly recommend it.

You affixed it orange side to the air cleaner, sticky side out? How'd you do this difficult mod?

Ahem....I took it to the dealership and had them do it, so I can't give the specifics. But the orange side has a up and down side, I am told. Sorry for the 'I', I should have said 'they'. But it was a great job done and I told them not to apologize for the simple mistake.

What did they charge for the mod? I'm going to my dealer first thing tomorrow to talk to them about it. I do all of the other work on my truck but this one may be a bit over my head.

I concur on leaving this mod for Toyota to do. How much? Given the complexity and the benefit, I would leave a blank check with Mr. T's name on it. You won't be sorry ;)

BTW, the 'stupidest mod' is the other hilarious thread that I have come across on this forum. I find the wit and the humor in these two threads to be priceless!!! Mud people ROCK!!

I ditched the Orange Dot and replaced it with a blue octagon (sources say its JDM). I've found my throttle response to be much better and overall increase in MPG of 200%

Last edited:
I ditched the Orange Dot and replaced it with a blue octagon (sources say it JDM). I've found my throttle response to be much better and overall increase in MPG of 200%

Pics or it didnt happen :flipoff2:

Got a part # ? Link ? C'mon man you know we can't search

I had a TSB regarding the orange dot on my 96. I managed to find some FIFO food stickers that were orange and applied it myself. WHEW, almost had a major recall issue!

i'm thinking about quitting my job and opening up an online store where i sell high quality aftermarket orange dots...

maybe i'll get adventurous and offer other shades of orange if there is enough demand

i'm thinking about quitting my job and opening up an online store where i sell high quality aftermarket orange dots...

maybe i'll get adventurous and offer other shades of orange if there is enough demand
Hopefully that will take care of your overheating issues.

I ditched the Orange Dot and replaced it with a blue octagon (sources say it JDM). I've found my throttle response to be much better and overall increase in MPG of 200%
I thought that special unit was reserved for the LX 450s only!! John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom