ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roasted veggie and Gruyère quiche
61CE021F-12E5-4398-9EBE-F202E08ACE89.jpeg

And all the meats chili. Steak. Ground beef. Sausage. Bacon.

BF0C04AC-B0F4-4217-AEAE-14C734D705E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Rajas poblanos ….

Poblanos, onions, Mexi crema, Monterey Jack and a can o corn. Tonight served over sausage n rice casserole. Tomorrow it’s taco time

462EA6B1-2742-4A49-8A4F-321B90D910AD.jpeg

THAT LOOKS DELICIOUS.

THAT LOOKS DELICIOUS.
Rajas poblanos …. I know I’ve posted pics of it here before but general recipe base as follows.

4 lg poblanos
1 large vidalia
1 T butter
1 cup Mexican crema
4 oz Monterey Jack cheese

Spices as desired …
I ground some dried peppers and oregano from last years garden and a clove of garlic. Also added a can of drained corn at the end cause….. why not.

• Roast the poblano peppers over your stove top flame until, rotating often, until the skins char and blister up, about 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can bake them in the oven until the skins blacken and blister, about 15 minutes. See the information above on how to roast poblano peppers. Cool and set the peppers into a plastic bag to steam. This will help loosen the skins. Most times I can just peel the skin right off without steaming.
  • Peel the charred skin from the roasted poblano peppers and slice them into strips about ¾ inch thick.
  • Heat a large pan to medium heat and melt the butter.
  • Add the onion and cook about 5 minutes, until the onion strips are translucent and soften up.
  • Add the poblano pepper strips and cook another minute, stirring.
  • Swirl in the crema and stir to incorporate.
  • Stir in the melty cheese a bit at a time, constantly stirring, until it melts through.
  • Add the seasonings and stir. Reduce the heat and let the mixture warm for about a minute or so, stirring here and there

We got this old wheel fire pit that came with a grill top a few weeks back.

Been cleaning up the yard, cutting firewood etc, burning small sticks. We have a lot of pecan sticks/wood.

Lately, i've been grilling/smoking a couple meals worth of meat to rare, then finishing them later in the weak low/slow in the oven for the meal.

Some pretty average sale-item tbones and pork steaks from Food Lion, but tasted pretty good on the open pit with pecan coals.

New Fire Pit.jpg

No pics, but I clean burned my Egg and replaced the gaskets for the first time in about 6 years today. Also realigned the lid to correct the massive underbite the grill has gotten over the last few years. Hoping to cook some pig tomorrow if the rain holds out.

Chicken soft tacos from Wednesday turned stuffed poblanos tonight. Added a little rice and ashe county chipotle cheddar and 40 min at 400. Viola.
D4330E11-0D62-4499-B6B1-AE0D84423AD5.jpeg
C03D2B2A-A427-42D4-B997-4AAE51F38BF8.jpeg

Weather not cooperating for inaugural smoker run so opted for baking some wings. 425 for 40 min. Tossed in sauce and back in for 5 more minutes. Mixed up some yucateca chipotle hot sauce with a TBS honey and butter each.

A77F474A-9583-40F4-94FA-1C6A5006B6BC.jpeg

Thighs tonight

1:15 of smoke on the pit barrel cooker. Thermo says done so were going with it. Maybe 10 more after last week lol

IMG_0521.jpeg

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg

Time to get this party re-fired….

IMG_0373.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom