Old BJ 70 in Farmers field (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you found an old BJ70 in the field, how much would you pay???
Its diesel and a 5 speed and rusted to hell.
I have no idea if it runs but does have an engine under the hood.
I have no idea if it could ever be repaired as the rust is everywhere.
I am not sure on the frame.
I may be able to pick up for a song, I don't know.
If it was free I may take it home, but I would be in over my head. I have no idea where to start with body stuff or rusted frame, I don't weld. I could tinker with the engine and suspension but that’s it.
Any ideas out there? Its only 3km from my house??????
Tell me to go get it, and you will help fix it!!!!!

if it's free or less than $500, you might make a few $ just parting the thing out. starting from scratch will likely be an expensive endeavor.

post some pictures and there will be more than a few people here that can give you an idea of what you're really getting into.

agreed. post some pics. if you won't take it, I'm interested in it as a parts vehicle. Where is it located?

$500 max. You can then swap the drive-train into a 40 :)

1986FJ70065.jpg

1986FJ70062.jpg

1986FJ70054.jpg

1986FJ70048.jpg

1986FJ70044.jpg

1986FJ70037.jpg

$300. take it home and part it out. the 3B factory power steering alone is worth near that (if it's in decent working order), along with the ff rear. for what $ it would take to get it back up to snuff, you could get a 70 series in roadworthy condition. it looks pretty snookered, i can only guess what under the floor mat looks like. most of the running gear on the 70 fits the 40, and i suspect there's a pretty good market for those parts. you might run across someone looking to do a rhd to lhd conversion, and unload a heap of parts.

myself, i wouldn't bother rebuilding it unless i was to toss the body and make a crawling buggy out of it.

LOL!!
i LOVE the wasp nests, THAT is so Ontario!!
tell yah what, how about we meet up and then i can give you an honest opinion of what you have found.
519-934-2501
i would be willing to do the trip over in exchange for lunch and some interesting chat.
off to bed now, am up at 6 AM.
cheers

it comes with a hoe? :grinpimp:

I will buy the radio bezel from you if it is intact, and you don't mind shipping out to Vancouver... might be interested in the door panels also, if they are in decent shape... thanks.

There are many parts on this unit worth paying $300 + tow expenses.
Buy it!

If you look at the diesel classified section, you will quickly see their is a lot of demand for parts that this truck could fill.

Diesel & JDM Parts

Do yourself and the Land Cruiser community a favor and part that thing out

$300.00 + $2.99 ( cost of Wayne's happy meal at McDonalds) for a total of $302.99. ( still a bargain in parts alone):)
Just be glad that thing is not setting on a U.S. farm. The animal rights people would have those wasp declared endangered and they would not allow you to move the Cruiser.:)
......1978HJ45

Yeah Wayne is dropping by today, The Cruiser will be parted out somehow. I also would hate to see it rusted out. To bad I can't restore and drive my dream truck, but no garage and limited skills means no toy for me:frown:

hopefully it was left there due to rust and no drivetrain issue,
you can send me the chrome trim around the front window,and the clock it has more buttons than mine
:D

$300.00 + $2.99 ( cost of Wayne's happy meal at McDonalds) for a total of $302.99. ( still a bargain in parts alone):)
Just be glad that thing is not setting on a U.S. farm. The animal rights people would have those wasp declared endangered and they would not allow you to move the Cruiser.:)
......1978HJ45
Your not the person in London Ont selling the 1978HJ45 are you?

fawk you buddy, we are talking at least 2 buggers and a large fry. i don't work cheap.

I am fairly sure a toy does not come with that order so it will be your lose:crybaby: Heck there is $50.00 worth of yard tools in the Cruiser.
Take some wasp spray......1978HJ45

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom