Old BJ 70 in Farmers field (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Suddenly my BJ70 looks mint :lol::lol::lol:

and yet more

seriously, pretty paint can not hide this crap for long. shop wisely and look beyond the veneer.

i bought this truck knowing full well what i was buying but a newbie would have been mislead if he thought it was able to be saved from the grave.
PTO latch 048.jpg
PTO latch 046.jpg
PTO latch 049.jpg

well, i did score some decent parts.
door panels are pretty decent as are the rear side panels.
the rear door panels, one is missing and the other has a couple small cuts.
the window mech is good as is the glass.
the dash is very decent as is the electrical harness.
PTO latch 030.jpg
PTO latch 031.jpg
PTO latch 034.jpg

bumpers are pretty nice but not perfect
the door glass is good
the sliders are rusted beyond usefulness.
the seats are okay, drivers has a rip on the bottom.
the suspension has some rust but seem to work okay, not near as bad as the rest of the truck

the engine runs, clutch slave is dead, tranny goes through the gears, t/case shifter is locked in 4H, rad is dead, exhaust is shot.

more pics when we get the drivetrain out.
PTO latch 037.jpg
PTO latch 038.jpg
PTO latch 052.jpg

Heya Wayne, dibs on the rear bumper if available!

shoot me an email to
waynesmith2501@hughes.net
if anyone wants parts, not sure yet what i will be keeping and what i will be getting rid of.

cheers

from here it was remove the rear axle and off to the scrap dealer...

so why did i post this up?
to let the readers know where to look for rust when buying from Canada. some people are VERY good at hiding rust, if you see it on these pics then you MIGHT want to have a once over to see if it is hidden behind the veneer of the CND vehicle you want to purchase.

thats all folks.
wheeling 014.jpg
wheeling 016.jpg

Wow that is a lot of rust. We have the same issues here in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts because of the salt they use on the roads here in the Winter. That is why I felt $900.00 was money well spent to ship my FZJ80 that I bought up from Texas. At least you got some good parts out of the old girl.

I have seen several BJ70's here in the States ( all Canadian imports) and all have had serious rust in the wheel wells ( I assume from salt ),
major issues on the door bottoms ( again I assume inadequate drain holes) and additional problems at the bottoms of the rear side windows
( drain issue I take it). Its scary to think what could be under a nice paint job.
.....1978HJ45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom