Official HAMOM Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Were bringing the HAMOM (Help A Member Of the Month) back to life! :bounce: Since Chuck is holding one in May and I just had one its obvious the interest is still there and plenty of us need help. So starting with Chuck in May the HAMOM is back. Everyone who wants a chance to host a HAMOM and have a bunch of us come wrench on your cruiser and help you out post up asap. I will give you all 1 week to post up, next weekend I'll draw names from everyone who posts and assign months, I'll be assigning 2 or 3 months right off so if you dont get in by this weekend you'll have a chance for later. Stipulations to the HAMOM go something like this, as host you will provide some beverages and a lunch/dinner for all those wrenching after some good hard work, ususally just some sitting by the grill with a few burgers or something like that. We also ask that since you have a couple months to get ready that you be prepared with everything you think will be needed. Oh and you have to actually do work,:doh: the point is to get help not to get a bunch of other people to do everything for you. Lastly everyone should have fun and try to learn from whats being done. Outside of that there isnt much to it just some good wrenching and fellowship around the cruiser. So everyone toss your name in the hat.

Last edited:
My name's in...I need a brake cylinder replaced (I think) and some oil leaks stopped and some electrical probs worked on. Oh, and I only serve the finest beer...ask Chuck...

I might be in eventually.... i have plans to buy a lift soon

I would like to get on the list to put a 4 speed in the pig. However, I have no idea what I need to do this. I also have no idea how to do it. So I'll need help with a parts list. Oh, and since I am in ATL, I will also provide my entire house as a flop house for those that reach step 6 as quickly and aggressively as Dan does.

Heather start a thread when it gets closer and we'll help you figure out all that you need. If all you want to do is swap your 3 speed for a 4 then all you need is a tranny and a couple gaskets pretty straightforward. We'll help you out no worries.

I would like to get on the list to put a 4 speed in the pig. However, I have no idea what I need to do this. I also have no idea how to do it. So I'll need help with a parts list. Oh, and since I am in ATL, I will also provide my entire house as a flop house for those that reach step 6 as quickly and aggressively as Dan does.

Maybe we can do two 4sp swaps?

Heather start a thread when it gets closer and we'll help you figure out all that you need. If all you want to do is swap your 3 speed for a 4 then all you need is a tranny and a couple gaskets pretty straightforward. We'll help you out no worries.

Thank you!!! I knew I could count on you guys!

blasphemy!!!! keep the 3 on the tree Steen........ dare to be different :cool:

The tree was cut down long ago... I just need another branch on the floor :grinpimp:

I am indebted to the club for the HAMOM we did on my 40 last year so when some dates are posted, I will make an effort to be there and assist!!

Anyone wanna do my front axle? I am dragging ass and still haven't torn in :)

Count me in. Sunday's are usually better for me. Busy soccer season is on for Kristen.

Well we only have like 5 people here who have put their names in. Speak up now if you want us to come help I know theres more of you that need your rig worked on, I'll draw names in a couple days.

Brake Job on a 62

I feel greedy, because all my cruisers are running, but I'll ask anyway. I would like a HAMOM to do a brake job on my 62. I would like to do the 4Runner caliper conversion, new rotors, and new brake pads. I wouldn't ask you guys to come all the way to Weaverville, but I would drive down to Alan's or David's or . . . .

I would need to know which calipers work best, rotors, and pads, and I don't have a bleeder (except my fingers on any project).

Ok here is the Official HAMOM Schedule as drawn from a hat by my fiance.
June - Steve
July - Brian
August - Marshall
September - Dan
October - Richard
November - Heather
December - David Davis
January - JP
February - Steen

So start planning and getting your stuff together and if you decide you wont be ready by your given month let me know and we'll just move everyone forward.

hmm, does that mean I have to come up with something for Sept? I think I fixed everything I was whining about already :)

I am sure something else will come up by then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom