Official 37" and up picture thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Should have gone 37's a long time ago. It's rather "natural" on an 80. Doesn't look "moster truck-ish" like my old 4runner with 35's. No looking back here!

Last edited:
Well I haven't posted much for some time. But I am always serching here for great imfo,

37" STT's, OME, 850+3/4" spacer, 864, 4.88s, and a ton of other crap.
2011 fall colors 106.jpg

Well I haven't posted much for some time. But I am always serching here for great imfo,

37" STT's, OME, 850+3/4" spacer, 864, 4.88s, and a ton of other crap.

Did you make the front bumper? Looks pretty nice

Finally finished the installation on my '97 80. 4.88 gears, Aussie front, Spartan rear, Marks part-time 4wd kit, IronMan 6 inch lift, etc. I got the Nitto 37x13.50R20 used tires and wheels on Craigs list. So they are pretty worn, but cheap. It makes my old '83 pickup look pretty small :D

If you are going to wheel this rig, you're gonna want to have more rubber than rim. $hitcan those 20s and go 17s.

If you are going to wheel this rig, you're gonna want to have more rubber than rim. $hitcan those 20s and go 17s.

I think those look good, but we dont have rock fields to wheel here, usually muddy trails and bouncing along creek beds for hours.

Ive got the same tire on 17s.

Should have gone 37's a long time ago. It's rather "natural" on an 80. Doesn't look "moster truck-ish" like my old 4runner with 35's. No looking back here!

Hey Akarilo,
This is the first time I have seen your new FJC rims blacked-out, looks great! Do you have a better side shot that show them?

Thanks,

Derrick

Yes I did, thank you. I built the front, rear, sliders, and skids protecting everything that is necessary on the underside. As well as a 23 gallon aux gas tank that sits where the spare was. We spend thousands of miles a year in the desert and it never let's us down. You can view some of my other posts to get better views of the bumpers

Phil

Nah if your going through that much trouble a true high 9 with 40 spline inner/outers ;)

A pair of 14 bolts have got to be cheaper than high 9's. Fj80ontons you sticking with the 1fz?

Last edited:
14 bolt front would be money! True high 9 would be nice too. But Wouldnt a mildly built dana 60 be the cheapest option? id think it would hold up fine with 42's and the stock motor if you didnt beat on it? Didnt the shortbus run 40's with longs and chromo inners? They beat it up pretty good and it seemed to fair ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom