Official 37" and up picture thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 3fe looks like it was plenty;)

@Charles4x4 what led bar is that on your short bus? Trying to do the same thing, but don't want to drop all the money on the slee bar.
Hey, it's just something I made to attach to the short bus but place the light below the bar in front of the winch. See attached pics. Pretty simple.

image.jpeg
image.jpg

thanks!

p

Great looking rig!

More info on the 75 Series behind you please.... Drool.

it's a HZJ76 with 80 series axles and safari turbo intercooler kit ( oil cooler too )

That 76 looks friggin mental!

We always want what we can't have. lol.

There is a mad maxed 80, with camo paint, full exo tubing, hood scoop, and a full bevy of roof mounted tents and awnings sitting on 38's with chains, and the white 70 looks mental? Lol

We always want what we can't have. lol.

There is a mad maxed 80, with camo paint, full exo tubing, hood scoop, and a full bevy of roof mounted tents and awnings sitting on 38's with chains, and the white 70 looks mental? Lol

In one word:Yes & Yes.

Why didn't we in the USA get any of the good stuff like diesel motors, 5 speed tranny & 70 series rigs?
Luv the 76...

Why didn't we in the USA get any of the good stuff like diesel motors, 5 speed tranny & 70 series rigs?
Luv the 76...

That's a whole different topic... Starting with US safety standards, US big oil, and some possible conspiracy theory's to boot.

-A

Here's what I'd like to know- how many of you regularly run high-end trails (e.g. Rubicon, cat 7 trails in Moab) with 37" tires? Many feel the tires, at this size, tend to result in more breakage when you stress the rig on difficult obstacles.

Here's what I'd like to know- how many of you regularly run high-end trails (e.g. Rubicon, cat 7 trails in Moab) with 37" tires? Many feel the tires, at this size, tend to result in more breakage when you stress the rig on difficult obstacles.

You know funny you should mention this, I was going back through the archives looking at some of my firsT posts here on Mud back in 2004ish when I started running 37's.... We are now 12yrs later and guys are running 40's pretty regularly around here. I saw someone talking about 44's the other day.

IMOP it all comes down to the driver and how you wheel. Can you break stuff on 37's? Sure. Can you break stuff on 33's? Yup.

Pick good line, stay off the skinny pedal, do what you can to beef up the drive train (Bobby Longs RIP) ect and you should be fine.

That's a whole different topic... Starting with US safety standards, US big oil, and some possible conspiracy theory's to boot.

-A

The 80 was never crash tested either. I would put more on Toyota thinking it wasn't a marketable vehicle over here.

Agree that when it comes to diesels, oil and possible other things, though.

I don't know about Rubicon and other trails in that area because I've never been.

What I do know if there's no shortage of difficulty here in AZ and I wheel with a bunch of guys on stock everything drivetrains that beat the piss out of them on a regular basis.

I've also done the Moab thing a couple times and a few of my buddies have been several times. The rigs stand up to abuse very well with good driving style, as AMMO said.

richarddillard1, sure, agree the stock vehicles are strong as hell. What I'm picking at is the estimated increase in risk of damage due to having 37" tires versus 31, 33, or 35"...

If you're not stupid with the gas pedal like already mentioned then there should be no problem. My rig is extremely heavy and I regularly do Moab and SW Colorado and also did Rubicon for the first time last year with no major problems. I had an axle seal go out is all. But I don't just have 37s either. I had my diffs built with solid pinion spacers, ARB lockers, Longfields in the front, and all ARP hardware to help make sure nothing breaks.

Of course there is a risk of damage but it's not something that happens so often that you need to worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom