OEM fuel pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Western NC- Hour North of Asheville on the BRP
As I have been baselining my '05 LX, I have been replacing parts with OEM Toyota/Lexus rather than aftermarket parts- based upon the many threads I have read on this forum.

When it came to the axles and the steering rack, the extra money makes sense in reducing the chance of early failure-although I doubt I will be the owner who will be putting on another 190K miles on this truck.

But now I am looking to put a spare fuel pump on the shelf. At 190K I have had no issues to suggest I need to put in a new one--but I like having spares in-house for likely near-term issues.

I see most here use a Denso because that is the OEM supplier. While I understand most Toyota/Lexus parts have big markups- they also seem to be a step up in quality. But the difference in the price between the Denso versus the Toyota/Lexus pump seems pretty excessive.

Is there any reason to go with the OEM pump rather than the Denso?

I have never had much concern when using name-brand aftermarket replacement fuel pumps in the past on my other trucks-but I felt this required a reach out to have the opinions of forum members.

thanks

As I have been baselining my '05 LX, I have been replacing parts with OEM Toyota/Lexus rather than aftermarket parts- based upon the many threads I have read on this forum.

When it came to the axles and the steering rack, the extra money makes sense in reducing the chance of early failure-although I doubt I will be the owner who will be putting on another 190K miles on this truck.

But now I am looking to put a spare fuel pump on the shelf. At 190K I have had no issues to suggest I need to put in a new one--but I like having spares in-house for likely near-term issues.

I see most here use a Denso because that is the OEM supplier. While I understand most Toyota/Lexus parts have big markups- they also seem to be a step up in quality. But the difference in the price between the Denso versus the Toyota/Lexus pump seems pretty excessive.

Is there any reason to go with the OEM pump rather than the Denso?

I have never had much concern when using name-brand aftermarket replacement fuel pumps in the past on my other trucks-but I felt this required a reach out to have the opinions of forum members.

thanks
Go with a Denso pump from a reputable seller (not Amazon). Denso is the same quality as the Toyota branded pump. Same pump.

The OEM pump is not Denso but is instead Aisan (not Aisin!). Nevertheless, I agree that the Denso is of similar quality.
Huh! Interesting! Always used to only seeing Denso fuel parts. Well I stand corrected. But yes, an Denso pump will be of the same quality.

Judging by the fact that Aisan and Denso pumps are about the same price- I agree that the quality could be exactly the same--

I put an Aisan in my drawer from Autohausaz for later. I have bought from them many times when I had a repair shop and was working on a VW.

I put an Aisan in my drawer from Autohausaz for later. I have bought from them many times when I had a repair shop and was working on a VW.

Thanks-

Years back when I had Audis, I used to buy parts from them. Was a good supplier at the time.

Odd- but the page gave me a warning that this pump does not fit my '05 LX after I put in the year of my LX- yet at the top of the page, it says that it does. No matter.

From the asking price, it appears that Toyota really jacks up the price of their fuel pumps.

Thanks-

Years back when I had Audis, I used to buy parts from them. Was a good supplier at the time.

Odd- but the page gave me a warning that this pump does not fit my '05 LX after I put in the year of my LX- yet at the top of the page, it says that it does. No matter.

From the asking price, it appears that Toyota really jacks up the price of their fuel pumps.
The dealer near me is 60% higher than partsouq.

I keep a spare Denso pump on hand in case we need it for a trail fix. It turns out 80 and 100 series use the same pump. Actually, the newer Denso for 100s has a slightly larger filter sock. It's good to be able to drop in a new pump for a buddy when you are out in the middle of nowhere.

I put a Denso pump in my 100 last year. The original pump was definitely built to a higher spec looking at the thickness of the brackets, overall (external) construction, etc.

However I'm not sure the difference between the two is worth noting, Time will tell.

The original was still going strong at 250K miles and 17 years. I'll post up in another 17 years , 250k (whichever comes first) and let you know how the Denso held up. lol

Replaced mine with a Denso over 5 years.....have had no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom