O2 Sensor Harness? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Threw a few O2 codes and found a broken wire on the harness side of the upstream O2 (see pix)

Now, I figure I can just solder in a new pigtail, but after searching for one, I'm curious as to where exactly the harness actually terminates and if it may be available separately like this universal one (see pic)

While crawling underneath, I traced the loomed cable to somewhere above the transmission, but couldn't tell if/where it plugs in on top

I'd prefer to change the whole thing with an OEM harness if it's available as a plug and play and not too expensive

20210430_085638 (Medium).jpg
20210430_085520 (Medium).jpg
20210430_085555 (Medium).jpg
smp-j72002_zo_xl.jpg

I'm going through this right now (1992 3FE). I have my whole harness apart. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be that easy. One of the O2 sensors has wires that run directly to the ECU...no plug, its just part of the main engine loom. The other sensor does the same thing, but goes through the cowl harness first and is part of some large 24 pin connectors. Hopefully that makes sense. If you have a 1FZ engine, not sure if it is the same but I would assume it is similar. Here is a picture...i'm holding the o2 sensor connector and you can see the wires just go into the main loom:

443E2123-274E-46D4-B890-18A5DB46AF8B.jpeg

The other thing to keep in mind is one of the wires to the O2 sensor is shielded (ground wire inside a sheath). So cutting and soldering that I'm not sure about.

Yeah, by whole thing I didn't mean whole thing lol

I figured if it was available separately like the 3 way pigtail above I'd go that route, but looks like I'll be splicing in a plug.

Question:

Is there an actual connector difference between the upstream and the downstream?

The ones I've seen on most sites look the same visually, but some sites have them listed separately as B1 or B2

Unfortunately you have to by the whole harness, I believe. I have the same issue--broken wire at the connector--and was wondering how easy it would be to re-connect the wire in the connector. Anyone know if these connectors are easily re-wired?

Timoss
88 62
97 80

If you buy 82121-60343 you get the o2 harnesses.

Is that the PN# for the OBD2 engine harness?

-only asking as I think I recall fishing the socket up the lwr manifold / HG job.

-but last time I been in a HG job / helped another is still shy decade ago - I could easily be way WRONG :confused:

Is that the PN# for the OBD2 engine harness?

-only asking as I think I recall fishing the socket up the lwr manifold / HG job.

-but last time I been in a HG job / helped another is still shy decade ago - I could easily be way WRONG :confused:

Yessir.

You guys and your damn OBD2 harnesses! Wish I could still get a new one for my 94' vs tearing it open and troubleshooting, replacing broken clips and such.

You guys and your damn OBD2 harnesses! Wish I could still get a new one for my 94' vs tearing it open and troubleshooting, replacing broken clips and such.
I think I bought one of the last 93-94 engine harnesses back in 2015 because the complaints of no inventory began not to much later. I’m sure that somewhere a new obd1 harness is collecting dust on it’s never opened plastic bag.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom