New Trail-Gear 80 series tube bumpers... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump it Offroad makes a tube bumper also that has a lot better angles and clearance, doesn't stick out 2 feet, you may be able to find metal techs also
I really like my BIO tube bumper.

0B19884C-06E8-42D1-A93A-2EDE8CCF3EB2.jpeg
9B91B94F-FF9E-4A82-B571-D61B319AA6DF.jpeg
04EA95DD-331E-4A70-A5E0-DF337269AF71.jpeg

6AA289E8-6AA9-4753-8E96-9673599B3DC0.jpeg

I’ve been very happy with my tg stingerless bumper. Yanked out a Ford F-150 who was stuck in sand, just used the bumper. It’s dom tube and plenty strong. I don’t like front bumpers too tight or too far out, their design is esthetically pleasing to me, except the winch plate, but I’ll box it in so it’ll slide easily over stuff, but I understand why they made it that way.

Hands down the best sub 400 dollar front bumper and still best sub 800 dollar bumper, imho.

My favorite bumper is binks fab though. At least in pics online.

The trail gear bumper center section does look like it sticks way out when it's mounted on the exposed frame with no tubing and no winch; but once you mount a winch, tubing, and maybe stinger it doesn't look weird at all. This is my version of the Trail Gear center section.

Last edited:
To get rid of the extra room, one could just cut the tip of the frame rails off and make new mounting points or weld it to the frame. Cheap and easy!

And if you really want it tucked in, cut the grill a lil bit.

Edit: Aw, looks like body mounts prevent this solution :frown:

Last edited:
Can someone with a Trail-Gear bumper please measure the opening below the hoop/stinger? I am wanting to see if my Lightforce 240s would fit in the opening. I highly doubt it but wanted to verify with measurements. Thanks in advance!

Can someone with a Trail-Gear bumper please measure the opening below the hoop/stinger? I am wanting to see if my Lightforce 240s would fit in the opening. I highly doubt it but wanted to verify with measurements. Thanks in advance!
Using the measurements on this stolen-from-the-interwebs picture below and the knowledge that the tubing used is 1.75" OD, some math reveals that the space is 7" on the dot.

303941-1-kit_id_2.jpg

I can’t believe they haven’t redesigned that rear bumper yet!

I've been eyeing this bumper for years; kind of want it, kind of don't want it. The gap between this price and the ARB is way to huge to not consider this bumper. But I always fall on the side of inaction. Like something is missing.

Because something is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been eyeing this bumper for years; kind of want it, kind of don't want it. The gap between this price and the ARB is way to huge to not consider this bumper. But I always fall on the side of inaction. Like something is missing.

Well, I am in the same boat - want a 4x4labs/IPOR/BIOR rear bumper but don’t have the $$ for it right away. So I went ahead and bought the TG rear bumper for now. Cost me $500 shipped including taxes. I will post pics once it is installed.

A plate to close up the top is what's missing. If you plate the top it finishes it off much better and doesn't leave so much exposed that isn't meant to be seen. I know @bryson did that with his and it looks great. I did it to the TG bumper on my Tacoma and was much happier with it.
IMG_6825 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

bumper by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

A plate to close up the top is what's missing. If you plate the top it finishes it off much better and doesn't leave so much exposed that isn't meant to be seen. I know @bryson did that with his and it looks great. I did it to the TG bumper on my Tacoma and was much happier with it.
IMG_6825 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

bumper by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
I think the plates make the bumper for sure. They just look unfinished and bare otherwise.
20170207_171816-jpg.1397828

Well, I am in the same boat - want a 4x4labs/IPOR/BIOR rear bumper but don’t have the $$ for it right away. So I went ahead and bought the TG rear bumper for now. Cost me $500 shipped including taxes. I will post pics once it is installed.

whatever works for you.

I do not know if I could justify a trail gear rear bumper as it has not swing out for a rear tire or jerry cans. At that point I feel that a different bumper is not only justified but mandatory. The front i could consider the TG and still am, but the rear; my .02 and it's just my 0.02; why spend the 500 when you still have a tire swinging under your frame or have to strap a tire in the trunk. that idea, kills me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom